► Miami/South Florida Photo of the Day ◄

Aessotariq

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the "historic" part of the station? It's really cool. They built the modern part as sort-of an "annex" to the original building and the old part isn't used (I believe they wanted to turn it into a museum, but I can't remember). It's good to see good design incorporated into the plans -- certainly adds to the daily experience and makes it more pleasing. Certainly the "temporary" stations that were created before it was decided that Tri-Rail would be a permanent operation aren't that friendly at all (Golden Glades station comes to mind).

A TALE OF TWO CITIES

Biscayne Bay may divide them, but downtown Miami (right) and Miami Beach (left) are the essence of what makes Miami.

That's taken from the 79th street causeway right? At the park with the submarine fins? I've been meaning to get that shot for a long time, but I never have the camera when I go that way. I almost always stop and take a gander at the skylines from there.

That's taken from the 79th street causeway right? At the park with the submarine fins? I've been meaning to get that shot for a long time, but I never have the camera when I go that way. I almost always stop and take a gander at the skylines from there.

yeah! That's Pelican Harbor Park. That is by far one of my favorite vantage points -- you can see so many different skylines from there, unobstructed. I'll be sure to most other pictures I took from there too.

Archived