Mt. Fuji

urban addict 20324

One of the most recognized and beautiful stratovolcanoes in the world, Mt. Fuji rises almost 3800m not far from the sea. The fact that there are no tall neighboring mountains means that this volcano could be seen from afar. For example, the Landmark Tower, Japan's tallest building, rises up to challenge the height of Mt. Fuji if they are viewed from a certain point in Yokohama. Many postcards from Japan feature this volcano, like the bullet train tracks with Mt. Fuji as a background, so tourists flock to cities near the base of the volcano to get a sense of its beauty. There is a tradition for the Japanese to go up to the volcano crater, but arrggh! forgot the name! :angry:

Mt%20Fuji%20Oct.jpg

Mt%20Fuji%20DEC.jpg

fuji_web.jpg

im3.jpg

MT.Fuji-02.gifMt%20Fuji.jpg

ISS008-E-17326.jpg From space. :D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Not the best pic. I was using an old fuji back then but anyway. That is Mt Fuji in the background. Photo taken from the Tokyo tower. The cone can be seen a lot better in the winter time. I was there in the late summer and all of the haze obscured any phot I tried to take during the day.

tokyo045oj1.jpg

Archived