Provi-wood

Cotuit

I had never checked out 13thstate before, but in their list of stuff they are selling they have a live CD by the PIST that was recorded on my radio show in 1995. Funny!

Like everything else in rhode island you will find a way to be connected to someone or something. I just thought that they were a cool local record company. One of those RI niche companies that do not get a lot of pub, but do a lot for local artists.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midway Pictures is now officially in production on our next movie, a documentary about providences finest and longest running punk band, Neutral Nation. Huzzah!

A little birdie told me there was a film screening coming up at the Fabre Line Club?

Doh. I updated my post. It's Neutral Nation. They have been together for over 25 years and really defined providence punk in the late 80's. The movie will focus on their history, the evolution of punk rock in providence, and what keeps 4 guys in a band for 25 years without making any money.

Mr. Lunchtime, I owe you thanks. This post finally pushed me over the edge to create the Gene Severens article on Wikipedia. My late bud, of Boneyard, My Way, the Aggressions. The page isn't even good enough to be a stub, but it'll get there.

Gene's classic farewell, quoting Stiff Little Fingers --

'Hanx!

Mr. Lunchtime, I owe you thanks. This post finally pushed me over the edge to create the Gene Severens article on Wikipedia. My late bud, of Boneyard, My Way, the Aggressions. The page isn't even good enough to be a stub, but it'll get there.

Gene's classic farewell, quoting Stiff Little Fingers --

'Hanx!

Awesome! There will certainly be plenty of Boneyard in the movie. If there was ever a "sister band" to Neutral Nation, it was Boneyard. If you have any old NN flyers, photos or whatever get in touch!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So while watching True Blood last night I noticed that the exteriors for the vampire hotel is a static shot of the Courtyard hotel downtown with Gtech & The Westin clearly visable as well as a sign for 95n/95s and Rt6. I had thought it looked a lot like the courtyard before but I had never paused it to get a good look at it.

So while watching True Blood last night I noticed that the exteriors for the vampire hotel is a static shot of the Courtyard hotel downtown with Gtech & The Westin clearly visable as well as a sign for 95n/95s and Rt6. I had thought it looked a lot like the courtyard before but I had never paused it to get a good look at it.

vampire_hotel.jpg

• 6 months later...

ABC Studios TV pilot to begin shooting in R.I. in March

A TV pilot is to begin production in Rhode Island in March. "Body of Evidence" is about a medical examiner named Megan Hunt who uses her expertise to help solve crimes. The actors and actresses for the show have not been announced.

http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/02/abc-studios-tv-pilot-to-begin.html

• 1 month later...

Cast, crew of TV pilot honor union boycott, leave Westin

More than 30 unionized cast and crew members working on "Body of Evidence," an ABC-TV pilot, moved out of the Westin Providence Hotel last week and this week to honor the hotel workers' union boycott.

http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/04/cast-crew-of-tv-pilot-honor-un.html

• 1 year later...

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- ABC-TV has renewed "Body of Proof," the medical-examiner drama whose first season was shot in Rhode Island, the Rhode Island Film & Television Office confirmed on Monday. But Steven Feinberg, the office's executive director, also confirmed a tweet from co-star Jeri Ryan that the show's second season will be shot in Los Angeles.

• 3 months later...

Hollywood returns to Providence

Set in the Boston area, the film will star Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges as “undead police officers” who are dispatched by the otherworldly “Rest In Peace Department” to protect the world from a “destructive array of creatures who refuse to move peacefully to the other side.”

http://www.projo.com/news/content/CHASE_SCENE_09-14-11_I7QB1VE_v29.78fce.html

Archived