North Hills / Midtown area developments

DigitalSky

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the obvious. Since Allscripts is a software company (although medical software), I question why they are not considering a tower downtown. Land prices are high downtown, and prime land in the CBD is scare, but I would think that Charter Square north tower would be a good fit for a company like this.

Edited by RALNATIVE

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the obvious. Since Allscripts is a software company (although medical software), I question why they are not considering a tower downtown. Land prices are high downtown, and prime land in the CBD is scare, but I would think that Charter Square north tower would be a good fit for a company like this.

I was thinking that too....just trying to rein in my tangental rambles a tad  :) . That would be a another sizable group of IT folks in downtown and would really cement downtown's identity in that department. 

I was thinking that too....just trying to rein in my tangental rambles a tad  :) . That would be a another sizable group of IT folks in downtown and would really cement downtown's identity in that department. 

David Diaz and the other downtown boosters really should give them a call, if they haven't already.

Edited by RALNATIVE

Venturing off topic, but how much parking does the Charter Square have under it?  I think when they originally designed the two buildings one was to be office and the other residential.  And then the total parking requirement would've be lessen by some sharing between the two uses (office during the day, residential overnight). With them doing 2 office towers now, and more daytime parking needed, I could see parking being an issue for an office high rise on the north site for Charter Square.  Probably will need some sort of deck built next to Lincoln Theater & Pope House.

• 4 weeks later...

There are already State offices at the Forum....wonder if in an alternate universe, DHHS could end up there....or even the State buying the whole place outright....low occupancy=cheaper purchase price and it's a campus which seems to be what DHHS wants or needs though I am unsure of their specific needs regarding medical facilities and such...ironically, Allscripts could write the software that would get our Medicaid problems under control...

This would not be a terrible outcome from this shuffling. Of course DHHS downtown would be good too but if they need a campus there's no way to accommodate that there.

I just took a look at Kane's updated Master Plan for North Hills East and the map shows a tower 4 next to tower 3. This is the first I've heard of a 4th tower.

Does anyone have any details or a rendering of tower 4?

YgwtrTB.jpg

The article says it's at the corner of Cardinal and Church so that would make it the blue blob marked "OFFICE". I think a later rendering called this the tower 5 site, so it's not that it wasn't envisioned.....Kane just had an open ended office site available for just such a time as this. I guess Allscripts wanted their name visible from the beltline and this site is the best for that, but I am just guessing...

The rendering depicts a north-south orientation for the tower. The rendering doesn't show any integrated parking, so 300,000 square feet in 12 floors means 25ksf floor plates, which is about 0.57 acre. The lot marked "Office" in that master plan is 2.36 acres.  It will be interesting to see how they accommodate parking for Allscripts. Will Kane just fill up the rest of the block with a 3 story parking deck? Or will they leave room for another office tower?

rendering-north-hills-towerfinal-02-12-1

The rendering depicts a north-south orientation for the tower. The rendering doesn't show any integrated parking, so 300,000 square feet in 12 floors means 25ksf floor plates, which is about 0.57 acre. The lot marked "Office" in that master plan is 2.36 acres.  It will be interesting to see how they accommodate parking for Allscripts. Will Kane just fill up the rest of the block with a 3 story parking deck? Or will they leave room for another office tower?

rendering-north-hills-towerfinal-02-12-1

I dunno.  If you look at the bottom front corner just above the tree line, that looks like it could be a few open levels of integrated parking.

I dunno.  If you look at the bottom front corner just above the tree line, that looks like it could be a few open levels of integrated parking.

I think thats a "shadow from an adjacent building shown in the glass".  Typical rendering nonsense to make the building seem to have more variance and not as imposing.  Thats just my take.  My guess is that parking will be a garage across the street shown as "parking" on the site plan.

I think thats a "shadow from an adjacent building shown in the glass".  Typical rendering nonsense to make the building seem to have more variance and not as imposing.  Thats just my take.  My guess is that parking will be a garage across the street shown as "parking" on the site plan.

The sunset also doesn't match the sun reflection on the car hood. This is BS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are right. I would not have expected this to get out of the ground so quickly, since we have not even seen a site plan for this one posted online yet, but it does seem that the city has already issued a grading permit and the building permit review process is well underway (still a few unresolved issues.)

• 1 month later...

News today that Tower 2 will now be the Bank of America Tower with them signing leases for 2 floors (and building is now 44% leased).  Also came across the sales flyer for the office building and noticed this image showing future North Hills projects:

Interesting to see twin residential towers between Park Central (100 Plaza) and 440.   Looks like each is about 28 floors over 4 floor parking base.  Makes 15-floor Park Central look tiny in comparison.

northhillsexpansion.jpg