Southern state license plates

krazeeboi

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Southron while I do love beach scenes, I don't know how fond I am of this tag to represent ALL of Bama. The scene really only depicts the bottom half of two counties w/in the state. However I must say I was never big fan of "The Stars" tag.

The big question is will this new tag continue to use the county numbering system w/the first two digits or will it just be generic like the latest issue of The Stars tags? As I've stated before, I'm a huge fan of the county numbering system even if Madison County is being treated unfairly in that system.

I was born in 3 but raised in 55, you?

Southron while I do love beach scenes, I don't know how fond I am of this tag to represent ALL of Bama. The scene really only depicts the bottom half of two counties w/in the state. However I must say I was never big fan of "The Stars" tag.

The big question is will this new tag continue to use the county numbering system w/the first two digits or will it just be generic like the latest issue of The Stars tags? As I've stated before, I'm a huge fan of the county numbering system even if Madison County is being treated unfairly in that system.

I was born in 3 but raised in 55, you?

That is what I was thinking too Southron about putting the N. AL mountains in the scene along w/the beaches. I think SC did a tag like that a few years back??

Great to hear the number codes will be used again. My older brother is always giving me biz cards or political cards that people give him w/the number codes on them. It does help when trying to identify a tag you aren't sure of the number (I have the hardest time w/the NW counties in AL.)

Great shot of the Dothan '77 tag. I absolutely remember that tag (look at the bicentennial emblem/flag at the bottom right) but I don't remember at all them ditching the number code for the county label. And you say the label was used for several years? Just researched that and it looks like they issued tags w/the county labels like you have shown from '76 to '82 which was the first time they didn't use the county codes since '42. Interesting to note that FL discontinued the county code system in '77, but of course has never gone back.

I have relatives in all 3 counties you've lived in, but since my family is big supporters of County 43 we rarely ventured to 63 especially since during those days the Iron Bowl was always in 1 and all our family reunions took place in 7 and 27.

• 4 months later...

Archived