Anderson Developments

JT Boy

The Hilton Garden Inn is located up on the cul-de-sac above Rusell Stover and Fuddrucker's.

I have ate at the Fuddrucker's about two times. Even though the food and service there are excellent, it is getting in and out that really stinks. They should put up a traffic signal there just to make traffic flow easier, but the onramp begins a couple feet from that intersection.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any progress being made on the East-West Connector from Clemson Boulevard to SC 81?  At first, they were going to build it as a two lane road with right-of-way for four lanes.  Lately, I heard they're going to rush it ahead of schedule and build it as a complete four lane highway.  Also, a second phase is in the discussion process of extending it from SC 81 over to Belton Highway (US 76/178) near SC 252.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW I really hope they do that, it would cut my commute to work in half!!!

It sounds like things are really kicking into a higher gear in Downtown Anderson.  Someone should post some pics of all these places.  I need to pay a visit soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honestly dont bother. I hate to be a troll here but I live and work in the Anderson area and have for about 5 years now and I havent seen anything new of interest in this town since I got here. Not to mention it is the most miserable place for anyone with an openmind to live. I have heard the N-word hundreds of times living here, didnt hear it once when i lived in Georgia. The only decent gym in town (the YMCA) is full of snobby Christian bible-beaters who dont talk to you unless you were born and raised in hickville...Um I mean Anderson, and did anyone see the news the other night about the Mayor???

Like I said before, sorry for trolling but the town is dead and IMO a condo conversion and demolition of an old building....and a few suburban motels dont make for a great progressive city.

Anderson isn't that bad unless you expect something like a large town. Anderson is still pretty much a small town (albiet a fairly large one), so I find it hard to expect anything more than that.

It does seem like development is less rapid in Anderson though.

Greenville, Spartanburg, Columbia, Charleston, Charlotte, etc.... These cities and more have grown into their present form from some crossroad along a highway in the past. It may be well to remember this in light of a potentially progressive future Anderson (If the city follows the same path as most others in the region). :)

To my friends in Anderson I will say that my hometown of Spartanburg has struggled to find it's way and now seems to be pointed in the right direction with a bright future. That's not say that problems and obstacles will sometimes get in the way. Sometimes those old attitudes get in the way too.

Anderson is a nice city with much to offer residents and newcomers alike. I think in time Anderson will find it's niche and prosper.

Honestly dont bother.  I hate to be a troll here but I live and work in the Anderson area and have for about 5 years now and I havent seen anything new of interest in this town since I got here.  Not to mention it is the most miserable place for anyone with an openmind to live.  I have heard the N-word hundreds of times living here, didnt hear it once when i lived in Georgia.  The only decent gym in town (the YMCA) is full of snobby Christian bible-beaters who dont talk to you unless you were born and raised in hickville...Um I mean Anderson,  and did anyone see the news the other night about the Mayor???

Like I said before, sorry for trolling but the town is dead and IMO a condo conversion and demolition of an old building....and a few suburban motels dont make for a great progressive city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats up with the mayor?

To my friends in Anderson I will say that my hometown of Spartanburg has struggled to find it's way and now seems to be pointed in the right direction with a bright future.  That's not say that problems and obstacles will sometimes get in the way.  Sometimes those old attitudes get in the way too. 

Anderson is a nice city with much to offer residents and newcomers alike.  I think in time Anderson will find it's niche and prosper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is very true. I agree that Spartanburg is well into the transitional phase from a small town to a smaller mid-sized city. Anderson may have a bit longer, but I think it is making positive steps.

Greenville, Spartanburg, Columbia, Charleston, Charlotte, etc....  These cities and more have grown into their present form from some crossroad along a highway in the past.  It may be well to remember this in light of a potentially progressive future Anderson (If the city follows the same path as most others in the region). :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hopefully it WILL NOT follow in the path of most of those cities mentioned (with the exception of Charleston). All the cities mentioned are sprawl monsters, especially Greenville which has one of the highest sprawl rates in the USA. G-ville is, however, doing WONDERS with its Downtown. Last time I went through it was very busy and looked like lots of new projects going on.

Maybe if Anderson would FOCUS on its downtown and not get to hyped up about Lifestyle Centers and sprawl type developments it could be a leader in the region, since it is growing fast.

All the cities mentioned are sprawl monsters, especially Greenville which has one of the highest sprawl rates in the USA.

Maybe if Anderson would FOCUS on its downtown and not get to hyped up about Lifestyle Centers and sprawl type developments it could be a leader in the region, since it is growing fast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More accurately, Greenville is the sprawl monster in conjunction with Spartanburg and Anderson.

I agree with you though. Anderson is in a good place to get its downtown lined up for good redevelopment projects, using Greenville as a guide. Though they may be like Spartanburg, and are determined to not do anything the same as Greenville, because we are different.

Does anyone have any info about the progression of the Calhoun?  or the Aracadia Pointe condos?  I think that it is great to see more condos being buit in Anderson, even though some may not agree that this is considered progress.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know anything new about the Calhoun, but I hear Aracadia Pointe recently broke ground. They have a website where you can see what the plan is... arcadiapointe.com.

Speaking of Condos. The Anderson paper reports today that another condo development is coming to the Exit 19 area behind the Days Inn on the lake. The Anderson planning commission approved a $20 million development called Watermarke. Apparently details are sketchy but it called for two buildings one with 34 units and one with 33 units.

I see that as progress.

I guess that Clemson is not really considered as Anderson but they have lots of new developments happening there that is exciting.

The Field House at Riggs (condos)

Camden Sound (townhouses)

Hammock Bay(townhouses)

HEritage Place (townhomes)

Baldwin Pointe.

Not to mention Valley walk and the Tiger Dens that are planned near the stadium.

Food is Cajon and Creole. YOu know Gumbo, Shrimp, Duck, Lamb, Jumbalia stuff like that.

Entrees are in the twenty's

Though my food was free I did get a bottle of wine, J Vinyards Pinot Noir, it was $36.

The BBQ Shrimp apatizer is very good, the sauce is made from reduced shrimp shells.

They also have a cehf's table that looks in to the Chef's Kitchen seats at the table are $100 per person.

Edited by Brad Toy

There is an update on progress on the renovation at the downtown Chiqoula (mispelled I'm sure) Hotel in today's Anderson IndependentMail. Looks like things are progressing well. The investor/new proprietor hopes to begin the renovation as early as January. If this happens (and it looks very promising) this will be a major step forward for Anderson's downtown. I keep hoping for a mid-rise (5-10 floor) mixed use office building/ condo / retail development.

There is an interesting little announcement in today's Anderson Independent about an online art auction website moving its corporate head office to Anderson.

ArtByUs LLC, the second largest online marketplace for contemporary fine art from independent artists, artisans and fine art galleries. It's not clear to me how big an operation this is and if it means local employment or office space rental.

But with the Art Center renovation going on downtown and a couple of other "artsy" downtown shops. Anderson could potentially generate a very interesting arts community downtown.