Description: 12 story Beaux-Arts beige brick building with stone trim.
History: Rebuilt on the site of the Edwards House in 1923, the Edwards Hotel was renamed the King Edward in the mid-1950s. The hotel colsed in June, 1967 and remained vacant until its restoration by Historic restoration Inc. of New Orleans and the Watkins Partners of Jackson. The hotel will reopen in mid-December, 2009 with 186 rooms, restaurant, bar, indoor swimming pool, ballroom and other meeting and retail space. The top four floors will house 64 luxury apartments.
Type: Mixed Use
Units: 186 hotel rooms and suites, 64 apartments
Construction Start: 2006
Construction End: 2009
Architect: William Noland,New Orleans (1923) Forum Studio, St. Louis, Thomas Hamilton Associates, Richmond (interior)