We have a zero tolerance policy for the following:
The following may constitute a warning, suspension and finally banning which will be decided by the moderator for that forum(s):
- Multiple accounts
- Imitating someone else under a username from another board
- Flaming/bashing/threatening one person or a group of people
- Attempts to compromise the security of any user(s) or group(s) of this board or the board itself
- Posting of illegal material such as warez, copyrighted material, etc.
- Using false information when registering
- Solicitation by way of posts, personal messages, or e-mails through our system
- Promoting hate or hate speech toward an individual or a group either directly or indirectly
Do not create posts to antagonize other forumers. Doing so will result in the post being deleted, and as a minimum an immediate suspension.
- Profanity (though we have taken precautions against certain uses of words)
- Posting of material that would be deemed inappropriate for all ages
- Signatures that are excessive and/or annoying (see guidelines below)
- Shouting (i.e. POSTING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS)
- Do not post news clippings or other copyrighted materials on this site (see below).
You must be at least 16 years old to participate on this forum.
No advertising unless you have prior approval from the site administrator. This includes posts for other discussion sites.
We are not a real estate site.
- No line by line rebuttal posts containing multiple quotes
- Do not bash cities, states, countries or regions
- Do not create childish boosterism posts. i.e. "my city is better than yours"
- No one word replies or posts as they add nothing to the discussion
- Do not argue with anyone on the staff. If you have any questions, concerns, or feel as if you were unjustly punished, please PM the moderator involved or send an e-mail to us if you are unable to PM the moderator involved. Making a public scene of it not only won't help the situation, but will look very bad on your part, as well...possibly resulting in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban.
- Anything else that leads to a fight with another forumer
If you are a Real Estate Agent, Broker, or Developer
- Do not create posts looking to buy or rent property (this is not limited to real estate).
- Do not create posts to sell or rent property (also not limited to real estate).
- Do not attempt to contact members here to buy, sell, or rent property.
Do not create topics asking about relocation information. (i.e. "Where is a good place to live?")
We are not an employment agency. Do not create "I am looking for a job" posts, especially if you are new. Same with help wanted.
Information on UrbanPlanet.org are the opinions of their respective owners (i.e. our forumers) and do not reflect those of UrbanPlanet.org.
- Read rule #6 again.
- Abide by that rule and do not bother our members with your contact information.
- Contact an administrator if you simply don't understand what this means
The moderators may change these guidelines in the future, but if you stay within the current guidelines you should be fine. Signatures that do not meet these requirements or violate our rules or TOS may be edited or removed with or without warning.
**Posting of news clippings, news links and other copyrighted material**
The act of simply cutting an article (or part of an article) from an newspaper or other news source and pasting it here without comment is not appreciated and is not allowed at UrbanPlanet.org. These will be deleted and you may be suspended or banned for doing so.
You may post a very short clip from the article if the source allows it. NO MORE THAN A COUPLE OF SENTENCES. Do not post any copyrighted material if the source does not allow it. Do not create a post that simply contains a link. You must post commentary on why this link is relevant to the topic it is posted in. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Posts where the first part of the article is copied and a link to the rest of the article are not allowed.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA")
UrbanPlanet Institute LLC respects the intellectual property rights of others. Per the DMCA, UrbanPlanet Institute LLC will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to UrbanPlanet Institute LLC's Copyright Agent as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, UrbanPlanet Institute LLC will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials and termination of access for repeat infringers of copyright protected content.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by UrbanPlanet Institute LLC or by a third party who has uploaded materials to our website, please provide the following information to the designated Copyright Agent listed below:
A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site; An address, telephone number, and email address where we can contact you and, if different, an email address where the alleged infringing party, if not UrbanPlanet Institute LLC, can contact you; A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law; A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf; Your electronic or physical signature.
UrbanPlanet Institute LLC may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event UrbanPlanet Institute LLC removes the allegedly infringing materials, UrbanPlanet Institute LLC will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that UrbanPlanet Institute LLC removed or disabled access to the materials. UrbanPlanet Institute LLC may also provide the responsible person with your email address so that the person may respond to your allegations.
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). UrbanPlanet Institute LLC designated Copyright Agent is:
+1 (980) 349-8726
***10 POST MEMBERSHIP RULE***
In order to counteract spammers, we require that new members make a minimum of 10 posts before they gain full membership to the site. New members have mostly full permissions to the site, excluding the ability to PM, view other members' profiles and upload images.
In addition to the terms above you must also read and agree to the Terms of Service by clicking the link below and reviewing its contents: LINK
All of the above guidelines apply globally to posts, profiles, signatures, avatars, PM's and any other area of UrbanPlanet.org. The use of all parts of the UrbanPlanet.org, including but not limited to, forums is a privilege, not a right.
We (UrbanPlanet.org) reserve the right to change or alter any guideline, at any given time, with or without notice. Please check back here often to ensure that you are kept up to date with the latest version.
- Graphics should be no more than 300px wide and 50px tall.
- No animated graphics.
- 5 lines text maximum, at regular default font size or smaller.
- A 50px tall graphic should have no more than 2 lines of text above or below it, combined text & graphic should not exceed 64 px in height (basically the same height as the avatar).