Fourth Ward Square Condominiums

tthornburg

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah...I think it was 424.....that's 115,000 people per sq. mi......wow. For comparison, 5th and Poplar is about 90K people per sq. mi. Assuming that this building is continuous all the way around (and it's difficult to tell because it is drawn over the site plan for the existing apartments) the would be roughly 8 stories tall. If they in fact turn out to be separate buildings, this would probably be 11-12 stories.

It looks like it will be 4 towers on the block corners with 2 and potentially 4 connectors along the sides. If the calculations are right about the density of 5th and poplar, that would mean the 4 corner towers would need to be ~10 stories or more.

(I'm just speculating off the site plan)

This really bodes well for the other run-down woodbased apartment and condo complexes off graham to be converted to higher density/higher quality developments.

Also, is this the women-oriented project or am i crossing wires?

women-oriented.....lol....I still love that.....no, that's The Vue....I suppose it is women oriented only in that it offers a much higher level service level than most and security features such as biometric entry systems and such.......it looks like my friday night pillow fight suggestion was dismissed :angry:

Is this project going to require them to knock down whats currently there, or are they just filling in the gaps?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. I guess it is hard to tell in the siteplan if you don't have an image of the current project in mind. Right now it is a string of regular townhouses with carports on the ground floor. They have wooden siding and have a decent coat of paint on them, with a few colors .

They are quite uninteresting considering the other stuff going on around uptown these days.

This project is apparantly the creation of one of our forumers. It is bound by 8th, 9th, Graham and Smith in 4th Ward. There is an existing townhome apartment community from the 80's there. This proposal would be 424 condo units instead and about 20,000 sq. ft. of commercial space along Graham. It is difficult to determine how many buildings it involves, would would essentially wrap around the whole block and be at least 8 stories in height. The name is Fourth Ward Square.

I don't physically see how you can get 424 units into a 6 story building, especially if they are separate buidlings......maybe it's a lot of single units.......regardless, nothing else comes close to accomplishing that. Post Uptown place is on a similar size lot, 5 stories above parking and retail and only has 227 units. Post Gateway is in several buildings, the largest of which is 8 stories, and it has 436 units. Something is not adding up.

Archived