Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

TCC will move into new 15-story building in Norfolk

Harbor Heights, at 476,000 square feet, will be one of the largest buildings in Hampton Roads in terms of floor space. CMSS ARCHITECTS FOR ROBINSON DEVELOPMENT GROUP

By HARRY MINIUM, The Virginian-Pilot

• 3 months later...

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure everyone has already seen it, but I found the Harbor Heights official website...The site was put up before the height was increased to 17-stories (with the high ceilings on the "loft" floors, this project should hit almost 19-stories in height when including the "roof cap"...Check out the floor plans in the largest loft and condo units. These are probably some of the best layed out floor plans that the area has ever seen...Anyway check out the link:Harbor Heights Website :)

edit: renamed

I'm sure everyone has already seen it, but I found the Harbor Heights official website...The site was put up before the height was increased to 17-stories (with the high ceilings on the "loft" floors, this project should hit almost 19-stories in height when including the "roof cap"...Check out the floor plans in the largest loft and condo units. These are probably some of the best layed out floor plans that the area has ever seen...Anyway check out the link:Harbor Heights Website  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, WELCOME to this forum! :D But yeah, we've seen the site, but haven't really had the good analysis you just presented. This project has been rumored to be anywhere from 15-19 stories, we'll see. They're driving piles on the site already, so hopefully steel will come in a month or two.

Harbor Heights really looks nice. But, unless my memory is askew, their map has a few errors. #5 is not Chrysler Museum (I think it's Scope). Don't know what #7 is. I think #12 and #13 should be reversed. I don't think #28 is really where Waterside is located, and #29 Harbor Park is not on the map.

Anyway, HH is a handsome looking building. Does anyone know how sales are going?

Anyway, HH is a handsome looking building.  Does anyone know how sales are going?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before the ink was dry on the development agreement 77 of the 99 planned condos were sold, so they bumped the height up 2 stories and increased the total # of condos to 120.

edit: Do you guys want me to pin a Harobor Heights construction thread since demolition is underway now? If so we need someone to get down there and take some pics, it's about that time. ***taps foot*** :)

Before the ink was dry on the development agreement 77 of the 99 planned condos were sold, so they bumped the height up 2 stories and increased the total # of condos to 120.

edit: Do you guys want me to pin a Harobor Heights construction thread since demolition is underway now? If so we need someone to get down there and take some pics, it's about that time. ***taps foot***  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And, in contrast, as soon as Richmond's Riverside sold out with a 2 year waiting list, Daniel Construction lopped off 2 floors. Does that make any sense?..

Hooray for forward thinking Norfolk!!

Somebody please check out the HH map on their website and let me know if I'm wrong about misplaced numbers :unsure: .

!

Somebody please check out the HH map on their website and let me know if I'm wrong about misplaced numbers :unsure: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm really not sure which map your referring to. I didn't see one on the site, I must be missing it. Can you point me in the right direction?

I'm really not sure which map your referring to. I didn't see one on the site, I must be missing it. Can you point me in the right direction?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vdogg, go to the site, hit community then hit highlighted Norfolk. In the middle of that page, you'll see highlighted Map of Norfolk. :unsure:

Harbor Heights really looks nice.  But, unless my memory is askew, their map has a few errors.  #5 is not Chrysler Museum (I think it's Scope).  Don't know what #7 is.  I think #12 and #13 should be reversed.  I don't think #28 is really where Waterside is located, and #29 Harbor Park is not on the map.

Anyway, HH is a handsome looking building.  Does anyone know how sales are going?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

12 and 13 need to be reversed. Don't know what 7 is. 29 is on the map but in the wrong location. It is at the very left edge halfway up the map. You're also right about 28. It is not where waterside is located. 28 is sitting on top of the baseball stadium.

12 and 13 need to be reversed. Don't know what 7 is. 29 is on the map but in the wrong location. It is at the very left edge halfway up the map. You're also right about 28. It is not where waterside is located. 28 is sitting on top of the baseball stadium.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tnks, vdogg. I'm sure I am also right about #5. That is NOT The Chrylser Museum - it's SCOPE.

Yeah i just counted 15 stories on their website unless that is a old rendering of it and they have not updated it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As i said it has not, repeat, not dropped down to 15. I have confirmation of this. It is still

hovering between the 16-18 mark. I haven't heard 19 stories yet, if Okinawa has it probably came from his friend in planning.

I've actually heard conflicting things. I asked my friend at planning if he could confirm that the height had increased to 17, and he said YES, and he also said he thought that an extra level of parking had been added. so that is 18 floors. then he wrote back and said a friend of his only counted 15 proposed floors and that it still needed approval. Now that is has approval, I'm not sure what the final floor count will be.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we've been neglecting this project a little so i've renamed it and pinned it. They have made some major progress with the demolition phase of this project and if anyone has the time to get down there and take some pics it would be appreciated.

I think we've been neglecting this project a little so i've renamed it and pinned it. They have made some major progress with the demolition phase of this project and if anyone has the time to get down there and take some pics it would be appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forget where, but piles are supposed to start before the end of June, so demolition must be just about over.

Is the rendering of Harbor Heights on the site? I'm just wondering if its still the same one that is on the website.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. look at the bottom right corner of the bottom pic and you'll see the rendering. It's pretty much the same as the website though i haven't really examined it too closely yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Progress has been glacially slow on this project so i am unpinning it until there is something significant to add to the thread. I don't know whats taking so long but you'd think they'd at least be well into driving piles by now. Every time i pass by I see the same machines sitting in the same location on a vacant lot. It does appear that they have completed all necessary demolition however.

Progress has been glacially slow on this project so i am unpinning it until there is something significant to add to the thread. I don't know whats taking so long but you'd think they'd at least be well into driving piles by now. Every time i pass by I see the same machines sitting in the same location on a vacant lot. It does appear that they have completed all necessary demolition however.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But...about a block down and on the northern end on the far side of the parking garage, they started erecting some steel today(as of 8:00am). i saw it this morning on my way to work.

does anybody know whats going there?

Archived