Posting Photos

GRDadof3

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GRDad,

First you have to find a place to host them. I think there are plenty of free pic hosting places on the net (anyone have any ideas?). Once you post them to the site, it is as easy as using the IMG button. I'll dig around and see if I can find any free hosting sites. I use Yahoo! DSL and I remember they gave me some free service (which I promptly forgot where it was or what it was called).

Joe

Joe (as in joedowntown):

Could you help me figure out how to post photos, other than photos from other websites?  I know how to use the IMG button, and link when I have a URL address, but not my own photos. :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GRDad,

First you have to find a place to host them. I think there are plenty of free pic hosting places on the net (anyone have any ideas?). Once you post them to the site, it is as easy as using the IMG button. I'll dig around and see if I can find any free hosting sites. I use Yahoo! DSL and I remember they gave me some free service (which I promptly forgot where it was or what it was called).

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Found one! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe:

I placed a couple of photos on GR Grid Girl's Photos

The house was on Front Street NW and then there is what is in its place today.

I love that picture of City Hall and of Downtown.

Grid Girl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those are some awesome photos! If you want to post them here, this is how I do it (probably an easier way):

- I open my photo website

- I open a new separate window

- I click on the thumbnail of each picture and pull up the full image

- right click on the photo and "add to favorites" or "bookmarks"

- Then I go to the new opened window and toggle down "my favorites" and open the picture (has to be just photo format)

- right click and copy the URL

- Open up another new window and go to the forum

- Click on the IMG button when you are replying or adding a topic

- Right click and paste

- Voila!

- Repeat, repeat....

- I always preview my post to make sure my link worked.

If you already knew this, sorry ;)

Archived