Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

this is just the tip of the iceberg for this project! It's definitely one of my favorite things happen in Richmond right now......I might go down and check out the info center...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you believing this!!! It's like the new revitalized east end of London! :) London on the Thames and Richmond on the James. :)

Edited by burt

• 4 weeks later...

My dad told me today that the mayor is putting up a fight with the Rockets Landing folks b/c he's not sure how it's going to "fit in" with Richmond, as far as the river goes.

It is unfortunate when our city's political leader cannot see a good thing when it's infront of him. He is too quick to criticize - does he not realize that our government was partially responsible for the lack of sustainable infrastructure causing the abandonment of buildings in the shockoe bottom/manchester industrial areas for SEVERAL years and now people are finally taking the initiative to rehabilitate them. Does he see any places in Richmond where you can go to eat/shop/boat/work on the James? EGO.

My dad told me today that the mayor is putting up a fight with the Rockets Landing folks b/c he's not sure how it's going to "fit in" with Richmond, as far as the river goes.

It is unfortunate when our city's political leader cannot see a good thing when it's infront of him. He is too quick to criticize - does he not realize that our government was partially responsible for the lack of sustainable infrastructure causing the abandonment of buildings in the shockoe bottom/manchester industrial areas for SEVERAL years and now people are finally taking the initiative to rehabilitate them. Does he see any places in Richmond where you can go to eat/shop/boat/work on the James? EGO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree. I don't think that Wilder knows a good thing when he sees it either. At First, I really liked him, now I'm not so sure. He does an awful lot of criticizing and less anything else; even if it is plain to see that a project is a good think like Rockets Landing.

There isn't much to see down there so far. But as I drove by last week, I thought to myself - hmmmmm, not so sure I'd want to live there. There's a huge CSX rail yard right along Old Osborne Tpk (Main Street extended). Shunting freight cars around at all hours could be noisy. But if it looks anything like its renderings, I'll probably eat my words and envy perspective residents. And from recent publicity, it appears sales and interest are booming.

I'd like to go to see the sales center when it is open (might be already??) Hopefully theyll have a model of the master plan for all phases! that would be awesome!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Recently, there was a photo of an urban Tatget in Reston (or somewhere in NOVA). What kind of parking arrangements does it have? It's a nice looking store, judging from the pic.

Oooops. I meant to put this in the retail thread, but don't know how to move it. Sorry. :wub:

Edited by burt

• 1 month later...