Easley-Powdersville Developments

goodbye

I just heard that Wal-Mart has bought a multi-acre site at or near the 81/153 crossroads in Powdersville, but they may sit on it for quite awhile. Talks about a Wal-Mart in Powdersville have blown in and out for more than a decade, so it shouldn't come as a shock if and when one is announced. I'd rather see other retailers there myself, but time will tell all... :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that for years.

Wal-Mart knows the Easley-Powdersville area can support a Supercenter. Where they will locate it is a mystery. Locating in Powdersville, I would assume it would be on SC 153 towards US 123.

The future of Easley's Wal-Mart remains interesting. Its present location expanded once before, but no room remains for further expansion. Easley's growing out towards Greenville and Powdersville, so relocating to the other side of town remains an option.

If the rumor holds true, I wonder if the Powdersville Supercenter closes the Easley Walmart now that Central has a Supercenter.

I heard recently that the reason development on 153 sort of "stops" just past the current Bi-Lo strip mall is because sewer service doesnt extend past that intersection at this time. There's a lot of fairly cheap property waiting to be gobbled up between there and 123, its only a matter of time before it's developed. I just hope it's done well.

• 1 month later...

The Cracker Barrel in Powdersville is scheduled to open on January 30, 2006. I was shocked to learn that over 150 people will be hired to operate that store location. I guess it takes many more individuals to run one than I had realized. ^_^

Another piece of news is that yet another updated plan for a new Powdersville branch of the Anderson County Library was released last week. It will be a very nice building to benefit the entire area. :)

I heard earlier this week that Powdersville is going to have another High School in the not-too-distant future. The land on 153 is already owned by school board, and I would anticipate plans being made soon. The elementary and middle schools all over the area are pouring students into Wren, but there is such a tremendous level of growth that another high school will be a necessity before too long.

Another interesting development I heard about is a large townhome development near the future new library site.

There are also plans for exansion of the apartment complex just off of 153 and River Road. The plans include building all the way to River Road.

Outback in Easley should be open VERY soon. :shades:

Easley-Powdersville population-wise is strong enough to support a couple additional stores aside from Target: Kohl's, Old Navy, Petsmart, Ross Dress For Less, Stein Mart, T. J. Maxx, etc. It is a decision where to locate and how accesible it can be. I am sure they are within sight.

That sounds like the formula for an average suburban power center! lol

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago, I spoke with a representative from Texas Roadhouse who said that Powdersville is the likely location for their next store. He also said that TR is almost exclusively building along interstates. I have wanted one there for a long time, being that it is directly between Greenville and Anderson and has an enormous amount of people traveling through every day. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I received an interesting piece information last week regarding GHS and a large piece of land along 153 in Powdersville. Apparently, after Palmetto Health bought their large chunk of property, GHS just had to get involved as well. We'll have to keep our eyes and ears open for further details. :)

I wonder if we may expect another national restuarant chain to open up at 123 @ 153. Rumors have circulated for some time Red Lobster would like to open up in the area.

There have ALWAYS been rumors of Red Lobster opening a location in Easley. I remember hearing that exact rumor as far back as 10-15 years ago. Seriously! :rofl:

• 1 month later...

Archived