What retail stores or resturants are missing from Tallahassee?

DaiDreamer5

Every since Denny's closed left Tallahassee, I have been thinking about what other retail places it would be nice to have in Tallahassee. I just heard that they are opening up a Macoroni Grill, which is a pretty good Italian Resturant. Here's my list of stores:

1. Denny's - Someone really needs to bring Denny's back to Tally. Village Inn is an OK substitute but Denny's has better food in my opinion. I hate how they still show denny's commercials on TV here. Anywhere there is a lot of mid ranged hotels would be a good place for this.

2. Costco - Sam's Club sucks compared to Costco, though the new Sam's Club on Capital Circle is an improvement. I miss Costco's bakery. I don't know of a good place to put one. Maybe out on Tennessee near the Car Strip before you get to Walmart? Or perhaps out in the Killearn Area?

3. A & W - Well, Tallahassee doesn't really NEED an A & W, but I would like one to move here. :) Somewhere near FSU Campus would probably be the best for this one.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every since Denny's closed left Tallahassee, I have been thinking about what other retail places it would be nice to have in Tallahassee. I just heard that they are opening up a Macoroni Grill, which is a pretty good Italian Resturant. Here's my list of stores:

1. Denny's - Someone really needs to bring Denny's back to Tally. Village Inn is an OK substitute but Denny's has better food in my opinion. I hate how they still show denny's commercials on TV here. Anywhere there is a lot of mid ranged hotels would be a good place for this.

2. Costco - Sam's Club sucks compared to Costco, though the new Sam's Club on Capital Circle is an improvement. I miss Costco's bakery. I don't know of a good place to put one. Maybe out on Tennessee near the Car Strip before you get to Walmart? Or perhaps out in the Killearn Area?

3. A & W - Well, Tallahassee doesn't really NEED an A & W, but I would like one to move here. :) Somewhere near FSU Campus would probably be the best for this one.

Good list.

I was never a big Denny's fan. Usually by the time I woke up to eat there, it was time for dinner or lunch, and I associate Denny's with breakfast. I do like Shoney's as a subsitute. NEVER EAT AT THE VI!

I think we could use a few more Hardee's now that they've literally beefed things up!

I'm looking to add a Ruth Cris to our restaurant inventory also. Would be great if they'd plop one down by the Tennyson.

I'd also like to see a Lawry's Restaurant here. There was one in Chicago and I loved it!

I think a Hard Rock cafe could add some excitement along Gaines Street with it's neon lights....

and of course I could go on and on here... but I'll give someone else a chance before I continue.

Good list.

I was never a big Denny's fan. Usually by the time I woke up to eat there, it was time for dinner or lunch, and I associate Denny's with breakfast. I do like Shoney's as a subsitute. NEVER EAT AT THE VI!

Shoney's is very far away almost on the outskirts of town. I usually go to Denny's at dinner or lunch time too, but I always order breakfast. ....French Slam....

I think we could use a few more Hardee's now that they've literally beefed things up!

Yes a few more intown Hardee's would be nice. I haven't been to the rest of those places (I don't travel much, but I'm sure they are good. :)

Yeah... we've definately got to get one of these Pfchangs.

There are two restaurants going in on Apalachee Parkway if you've noticed crews out working...

Ale House Restaurant

And Logans will be opening on the Parkway soon also.

You metnioned Costco, both of you, I'd like to see a Meijer. Its alot like Wal-Mart, but it's not. Its kinda a hybrid between Walmart and Target. I love the Jones Sodas they sell.

Unfortunately you're right!

I don't know if it's just me... but I'd much rather have a unique blend of locally owned and operated stores that pump money back into the local economy, than to have Wal-Mart bleed this, and every other community, bone dry.

I think everyone would like to see this, but corporations have a stronghold on the U.S.

There arent many places left in the country where you see more locally owned and operated stores than major chain retailers.

Hmm.... TooJay's...

I don't doubt that's deli, but I feel exculded from their list of desired customers. For some reason, they don't market to people who look like me.

If you ate there, it wouldn't matter, since money is money

Also, I agree about the A&W, but if you were to do it, make it a standalone with table & Car service, instead of combining it with a KFC or the return of Long John Silvers (since the one on Allen Rd across from the Tallahassee Mall closed a few months back)

I love the Jones Sodas they sell.

Starbucks sells Jones Soda. I used to work for them (Starbucks that is). I bought one of the Black Cherry Jones Sodas the other day, and I did not like it at all. I don't know what ingredient it was, but it didn't taste too good. I like their root beer though.

Also, since you mentioned the Lexus store, I'd like to see a standalone Volkswagen dealership. I love my VW, but I'm not a big fan of the place I bought mine from, Capital Eurocars.

I figure with a growing market, we may eventually see Capital Eurocars expand their lot, or move to offer more room for inventory. Wether or not they will sell that VW franchise is another question.

I currently drive a Mazda, and here locally "Mr. Wandergem" (I guess thats his name) he owns the place. I had some major issues with his service deparment eariler this summer and he did little to help. Now they are in the process of building a new store on Capital Circle, closer to where the Harley Dealership is. I've loved my Mazda, but because of my dealings with this one dealership alone, I will not purchase another one.

Toyota is my brand when I'm ready to move on (Lexus included).

Archived