Royal Court

graydog

Help. I got a notice today about Royal Court condos on E. Morehead, but no street #! Here's the rendering of how it faces John Belk:

royalcourtmailer1ym.jpg

Could it be 615 E. Morehead or the Royal Court project east of that?

http://charmeck.org/Departments/Planning/R...ns/2005-037.htm

(The petition doesn't have a site plan).

I think it's the latter because of the name and because the description doesn't match the 615 description and because there's nothing new on the 615 or State St. sites.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Help. I got a notice today about Royal Court condos on E. Morehead, but no street #! Here's the rendering of how it faces John Belk:

royalcourtmailer1ym.jpg

Could it be 615 E. Morehead or the Royal Court project east of that?

http://charmeck.org/Departments/Planning/R...ns/2005-037.htm

(The petition doesn't have a site plan).

I think it's the latter because of the name and because the description doesn't match the 615 description and because there's nothing new on the 615 or State St. sites.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

It's not 615 - I think it's this:

"an amenity packed residential building on Morehead St. (not 615) overlooking the Uptown Charlotte skyline" (from Center City Living - go to the bottom of the page under More to come...)

http://centercityliving.sitewizard.biz/newconstruction.html

And I really hope this gets built. How awesome would it look driving down 277, along with 615 (by the way what is going on with this project?), Midtown condo tower, and Sterling Elizabeth) :thumbsup:

It's not 615 - I think it's this:

"an amenity packed residential building on Morehead St. (not 615) overlooking the Uptown Charlotte skyline" (from Center City Living - go to the bottom of the page under More to come...)

http://centercityliving.sitewizard.biz/newconstruction.html

And I really hope this gets built. How awesome would it look driving down 277, along with 615 (by the way what is going on with this project?), Midtown condo tower, and Sterling Elizabeth) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. I agree it's awesome. The downside of all this condo activity in and around Uptown is choosing only one to live at.

This is on Royal Ct. where a rezoning from last year was for a office building. Apparantly, the office market went soft and they redesigned the project for residential (the rezoning was flexible enough to allow either).....this would be located behind the Clear Channel radio station.

I believe this will be publically announced next week sometime.

It is a sharp looking building, though I'm going to hope the lighter brown near the top is light-colored brick and not EFIS.

What ever happend for the 20+ story building that had been proposed for that area a couple of years ago?

that is the 615 E Morehead project that graydog alluded to.

it has its own thread here: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...opic=9993&st=45

and atlrvr gave an update in june. that project is supposedly still active, but is probably still a few years away.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...post&pid=123039

Go to this site for a rendering where you can click on floors to get pricing.....it's about $275 for Dilworth view and $350 for skyline view..

http://www.royalcourtcondos.com/images/rendering.swf

$275 for dilworth view condos. :shok:

They are expensive considering they are little away from the square. You probably can get a condo for the same price at FAP or Avenue.

can we get a TIF to fund the bridge crossing connecting Euclid to Davidson? :) that would put this and 615 E Morehead closer to downtown. right now, these projects will be woefully disconnected from downtown from a pedestrian standpoint... unless they are die-hard pedestrians like around independence and briarcreek where they scale the freeway walls and run like hell :).

i'm beginning to really dislike DCDA. why the heck don't they get back to something meaningful for the neighborhood like burying utility lines or providing specifications for the acceptable color of flowers in windowboxes or something.

next thing you know, they'll be voting for the lights to be turned off in the downtown towers because it creates light pollution for meemaw myrtle.

i'm beginning to really dislike DCDA. why the heck don't they get back to something meaningful for the neighborhood like burying utility lines or providing specifications for the acceptable color of flowers in windowboxes or something.

next thing you know, they'll be voting for the lights to be turned off in the downtown towers because it creates light pollution for meemaw myrtle.

i agree. i say make the bridge pink.

can we get a TIF to fund the bridge crossing connecting Euclid to Davidson? :) that would put this and 615 E Morehead closer to downtown. right now, these projects will be woefully disconnected from downtown from a pedestrian standpoint... unless they are die-hard pedestrians like around independence and briarcreek where they scale the freeway walls and run like hell :).

Actually Royal Ct. will be closer to a transit stop on the light rail line, than much of the property located in the CBD.

A building this large in that area is going to dramatically change the look of that area. I think I said earlier that we will be seeing lots of towers going up along the tranist line. This is just the start of that.

this project is ~six blocks from a rail stop or about a half mile. That is outside of the walking distance that CATS believe will be considered the station area, but i agree, there is a potential for these residents to be transit customers, as they could walk 1/2 mile and then ride the trolley or LRT another half mile to the heart of the CBD.

Still, though, having a connection to davidson street, as proposed in the CDOT street plan for downtown, will help ameliorate the negative effects of 277-Belk. These people could be neighbors and customers of proposals for 2nd ward, but now they'd need to walk an extra half mile to get there, even though they are just two blocks away as the crow flies.

Archived