217 North Eola?

firemick

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like something that was just plopped down in South Beach with no thought given to it's street level interaction. This might work better on a side street where a leisurely neighborhood feel is more important than ground level retail. I say keep the building, just move it to a more low key spot.

• 8 months later...

Jack Jennings is building it. Last I looked at it was about six months ago, I guess. It was little more than a Schematic design at that point. I suppose its possible that they could be getting around to construction, I dont know. There weren't that many units to sell so presales would have been pretty quick. The only thing I doubt is the permitting. Thats a lot of work between now and then.

Although not the tallest, I think the top westward facing units of this building will offer the best views in the city. A sunset view over Lake Eola with the Orlando skyline in the background. It's also a short walk to everything.

But it will ruin the sunrise view for everyone else in downtown.

But it will ruin the sunrise view for everyone else in downtown.

It will if it is built. I really do not like the location myself; maybe if it were south or west of the lake. I think I call this bland architecture in an otherwise architecturally vibrant neighborhood "overkill." Nevertheless, does anyone know if this thing is actually moving forward? Or is it still very much in the planning phase. It seems as though this has been quiet for quite some time.

It will if it is built. I really do not like the location myself; maybe if it were south or west of the lake. I think I call this bland architecture in an otherwise architecturally vibrant neighborhood "overkill." Nevertheless, does anyone know if this thing is actually moving forward? Or is it still very much in the planning phase. It seems as though this has been quiet for quite some time.

What's wrong with having high rise development on all four sides of the lake? As it is I've always thought that the park would have a better sense of place if it were hemmed in on all four sides. That could just be my own personal affinity for hyper urbanity, though.

Archived