MDOT invites input on 2006-10 Plan

bwindi25

MDOT invites public comment on draft 2006-2010 Five Year Transportation Program

Agency: Transportation

Be there or be paved!

WHAT: Public participation in reviewing the department's draft 2006-2010 Five Year Transportation Program.

WHO: Interested citizens

MDOT executives

Region officials

Community representatives

WHEN:

Grand Region

Nov. 30

2 to 4 p.m.

Walker Fire Station, #3

1470 3 Mile Road, Walker

Nov. 30

6:30 to 8:30 p.m.

Walker Fire Station, #3

1470 3 Mile Road, Walker

MDOT invites public comment on draft 2006-2010 Five Year Transportation Program

Agency: Transportation

Be there or be paved!

WHAT: Public participation in reviewing the department's draft 2006-2010 Five Year Transportation Program.

WHO: Interested citizens

MDOT executives

Region officials

Community representatives

WHEN:

Grand Region

Nov. 30

2 to 4 p.m.

Walker Fire Station, #3

1470 3 Mile Road, Walker

Nov. 30

6:30 to 8:30 p.m.

Walker Fire Station, #3

1470 3 Mile Road, Walker

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scroll to the bottom of Gary's link and they show 2006 - 2009. I just don't understand why they don't have re-surfacing of I-196 East of downtown on there. They even mention the bridge work on I-196 that needs to be done, and how that section is 40 YEARS OLD, but no mention of resurfacing :angry:

Scroll to the bottom of Gary's link and they show 2006 - 2009. I just don't understand why they don't have re-surfacing of I-196 East of downtown on there. They even mention the bridge work on I-196 that needs to be done, and how that section is 40 YEARS OLD, but no mention of resurfacing :angry:

I mean downtown GR roads Wealthy, Fulton

Hehe, I like to think of it as the only time people on the west side get to experience off-road conditions in their SUVs :rofl:

^ yeah I thaught there was a plan to rebuild 196 through dt, they started it west of the 131 juntion and the paper mentioned it a while ago that they were going to widen and repave through dt which is badly needed

These are the long-term plans for I-196 from downtown east through the junction with I-96. I think they were linked on UP previously, but for what it's worth:

http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,1607,7-151-...01916--,00.html

I have it from a traffic engineer friend that this will get built within 5-10 years when the money is available. There will be various preparatory bridge improvements sooner, though.

Hey, now that the $223 million bridge-to-nowhere in Alaska has been cancelled by Congress, maybe GR can get some of that money! :P

No 31 bypass... Granholm blew that one. The Feds were offering a one time 50% match, then she went and pissed the money away in Detroit. Now a project that could have cost $250 million will turn into another M-6 and easily run above $1 billion when it is built. Land values are already skyrocketing along the path in anticipation of huge government payouts.

Stupid government, you would think that M-6 would have taught them a lesson. If you are not positve that a project is not starting SOON, do not release details. The great majority of the cost in building M-6 was due to over inflated land values along the route.

No 31 bypass... Granholm blew that one. The Feds were offering a one time 50% match, then she went and pissed the money away in Detroit. Now a project that could have cost $250 million will turn into another M-6 and easily run above $1 billion when it is built. Land values are already skyrocketing along the path in anticipation of huge government payouts.

Stupid government, you would think that M-6 would have taught them a lesson. If you are not positve that a project is not starting SOON, do not release details. The great majority of the cost in building M-6 was due to over inflated land values along the route.

Yup, I hear that.

Archived