Jackson, TN

Rural King

Here is another installment of Jackson for people to peruse.

Old Carnegie Library

Tennessee0066-vi.jpg

Streetscapes

Tennessee0061-vi.jpg

Tennessee0192-vi.jpg

Tennessee0206-vi.jpg

Tennessee0187-vi.jpg

Tennessee0229-vi.jpg

Uck!!! Neuvo architecturo (yes I made that up)!!!! This is not what downtown needs!!!!

Tennessee0216-vi.jpg

Playing around the New Southern Hotel, hey this shot makes Jackson look alot more urban.

Tennessee0220-vi.jpg

Looking up!

Tennessee0219-vi.jpg

Tennessee0218-vi.jpg

Tennessee0222-vi.jpg

Old Church, not sure what it was last.

Tennessee0188-vi.jpg

The infamous "Yellow House" of downtown. (Where is satalac, he would appreciate this pic)

Tennessee0191-vi.jpg

Downtown has a grocery! A "More for Less" its like a Sav-A-Lot sort of.

Tennessee0073-vi.jpg

Jackson-Madison County Library

Tennessee0193-vi.jpg

Jackson also has mass transit! Interesting color for the buses no?

Tennessee0180-vi.jpg

Just a nice shot with the New Southern in it.

Tennessee0159-vi.jpg

A downtown park next to the Jackson-Madison County Library

Tennessee0195-vi.jpg

A nice State of Tennessee Office building complex next to the Carl Perkins Complex, part of which is brand new and evident in this pic.

Tennessee0121-vi.jpg

Not sure which angle is better, so you get to see both.

Tennessee0116-vi.jpg

Tennessee0115-vi.jpg

Brand new court facility, downtown Jackson has lots of court related structures.

Tennessee0125-vi.jpg

Carl Perkins Civic Center with downtown in the background.

Tennessee0118-vi.jpg

Well thats Part 2! Yet more to come! Comments again are welcomed!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Sleepy -Nope, the New Southern Hotel's ground level is retail and office space, while the upper floors are senior citizen apartments. If you have not already, you should check out my first Jackson picture thread where I mention that when I posted another pic of the building, plus there are lots of other shots of interesting and key buildings of downtown (including the the Historic greyhound station).

Thanks everyone for the postive feedback on the pics! :) Its much appreciated.

I like the check cashing pawn shop joint in that building. Towns can't seem to get enough of those all over town. I like the 3 color buses also, very I catching.

Over all downtown looks very well kept, I noticed white sidewalks in a few pictures meaning they have been replaced or repaired.

Great pictures RK, if you happen to find some more load up another thread with them, I dont think there will be any complaints.

@ Sleepy -Nope, the New Southern Hotel's ground level is retail and office space, while the upper floors are senior citizen apartments. If you have not already, you should check out my first Jackson picture thread where I mention that when I posted another pic of the building, plus there are lots of other shots of interesting and key buildings of downtown (including the the Historic greyhound station).

Thanks everyone for the postive feedback on the pics! :) Its much appreciated.

Ok, don't know how I missed part one.

Thanks for these pictures Rural King!!! Not enough people driving between Memphis and Nashville get far enough off I-40 to see the city. Unless of course they have to pay a ticket for going four over or under the speed limit :lol: Thats one way to increase tourism!!!

Thanks for these pictures Rural King!!! Not enough people driving between Memphis and Nashville get far enough off I-40 to see the city. Unless of course they have to pay a ticket for going four over or under the speed limit :lol: Thats one way to increase tourism!!!

Sounds like someone got burned in Jackson... They love to patrol the 4 lanes... thats the way it is here... watch out for those wide open 4 lanes

Thanks for all the additional positive feedback guys!

@ Habenero - Yep. I have more pics to come, so check in tonight or in the morning to see if I have them up, I should. :)

@ Bears - Yeah alot of folks only know Jackson from its Interstate exits where they stop for gas, to shop at the Columns or at Old Hickory Mall, and/or see a game at Pringles park (which is exit 85, I remember that exit lol).

On a side note: The locals should not be able to patrol I-40 anymore. I'm pretty sure the Legislature passed a ban of locals from doing so on the interstate system last year. Now off the interstate, on US 45 for example, your fair game for the locals. LOL

haha, i love the yellow house picture! side note, you don't have any pics of the 8 story first national bank building do you? i know it was a while back (95 maybe?) and i wasn't able to go see it. we do have a piece of it at my house though (shhhh, don't tell :D )

Archived