The Tower at Falls and Broad

Greenville

Today I was thinking about the Tower at Falls and Broad, and wondering what is going on with the plans. Here is the website for those who want to see it:

http://www.thetoweratfallsandbroad.com

It is amazing how the project went from being big news only a year ago (it was going to be Greenville's tallest, after all) to what seems like no news at all. Here are a couple of articles, one from GSA Business and the other from the Greenville News:

http://www.gsabusiness.com/addedValuesPI/s...Reader$908

http://greenvilleonline.com/news/2005/05/2...05052665218.htm

Does anyone know what the status is? Last we heard, it was being redesigned. Is that still the case, or is the project off the table? Did someone contact Ron Vergnolle about this recently, or did I dream it? Anyway, I am interested in hearing thoughts you guys have about this, as well as any news. I really want to see this happen, especially since it would help extend downtown along Broad Street.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for some reason i thought i heard this was no longer happening, but if it does are they giving Bouharoun's a retail spot in it?

Not just a retail spot, part of the building will look just like his shop, also he gets a Penthouse Condo and a Equity Interest in the project.

:cry:

>Hi,

>We have 85 Townhomes that we are building and are now taking Lot

>Reservations for our 3 bedroom condos around the pond. We will have

>total condos preselling oin the 130's and selling in the 140's.

>My email address is [email protected] and my phone number is

>325-2891. Give me a call and I will get some information to

>you.

>PHC is no longer building The Towers Downtown. Our Community on

>Woodruff Road is the number 1 project at this time.

>Sincerely,

>Karen Taylor

>325-2891

>

>

>

>

>-------- Original Message --------

>Subject:

>Properties.

>From:

>Date: Thu, May 11, 2006 10:07

>pm

>To: [email protected]

>

>Hi,

>

>I was wondering if you could give me any information about

>this

>project regarding number of units, and size. Also, I have been trying

>

>to find some updates on the Tower at Falls and Broad. Is this

>building still

>planned? Are there any renderings of the new design?

>I am a member at

>Urbanplanet and we like to keep an eye on possible

>new developments. I would

>greatly appreciate any information you

>can share, thanks.

>

>

>

Inresponse to my email to PHC re: new conos on Woodruff rd and TAFAB. DT loses yet another biggie to the sprawl of the burbs. This one is worse than the Pogo blow. :cry::cry::cry:

:cry:

>Hi,

>We have 85 Townhomes that we are building and are now taking Lot

>Reservations for our 3 bedroom condos around the pond. We will have

>total condos preselling oin the 130's and selling in the 140's.

>My email address is [email protected] and my phone number is

>325-2891. Give me a call and I will get some information to

>you.

>PHC is no longer building The Towers Downtown. Our Community on

>Woodruff Road is the number 1 project at this time.

>Sincerely,

>Karen Taylor

>325-2891

>

>

>

>

>-------- Original Message --------

>Subject:

>Properties.

>From:

>Date: Thu, May 11, 2006 10:07

>pm

>To: [email protected]

>

>Hi,

>

>I was wondering if you could give me any information about

>this

>project regarding number of units, and size. Also, I have been trying

>

>to find some updates on the Tower at Falls and Broad. Is this

>building still

>planned? Are there any renderings of the new design?

>I am a member at

>Urbanplanet and we like to keep an eye on possible

>new developments. I would

>greatly appreciate any information you

>can share, thanks.

>

>

>

Inresponse to my email to PHC re: new conos on Woodruff rd and TAFAB. DT loses yet another biggie to the sprawl of the burbs. This one is worse than the Pogo blow. :cry::cry::cry:

Thanks for contacting them and posting the response, distortedlogic. This is sad news, but hopefully this is simply the market repositioning itself rather than an indication that downtown can't handle more development. My hope is that in the near future, different projects will be announced that cater to different needs than simply those of the high-end consumer.

I'm not too bummed about this, although somewhat disappointed, since I would like to see those parking lots developed. Enough people are moving into Greenville that even if 3% of them go downtown that should be enough to fill another tower in the near future.

Yea, I've been hearing "Taps" playing for this one for a while. It just didn't present a serious face from the start, so I didn't have much real faith placed in it. The Camperdown and Pinnacle on Main on the other hand...they seem serious enough if they'd just get off the ground... :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...
Yea, I've been hearing "Taps" playing for this one for a while. It just didn't present a serious face from the start, so I didn't have much real faith placed in it. The Camperdown and Pinnacle on Main on the other hand...they seem serious enough if they'd just get off the ground... :rolleyes:

^^^The design of that building was not at all what it was going to look like if it had gotten built. Before it died, the architects went back and drew up a new drawing/design of the building, but it never got released and/or finished due to the project falling through.

It's funny that this thread was rejuvenated, because I was thinking about this building yesterday. I even went to the website to get some contact info to inquire about it. The link is still active, but the bottom says copyright 2005. The link to PHC Communities was dead, and a Google search turned up nothing new. I sent emails to the two real estate agents listed on the site, and both emails bounced back to me (one was an unknown recipient, and the other had a full mailbox). I assume this project is dead, but it would have been nice to hear that it might be pursued again in the future - especially since Ron Vergnolle originally said he was "very sure he could sell 42 office condos in downtown Greenville." :huh:

I was reading THIS article about Hincapie's development with Ron Vergnolle of PHC Communities, and it mentioned this about the Tower at Falls and Broad:

His company has developed numerous residential developments in Greenville and northern Florida, but its plans for a 20-story office and condominium tower in downtown Greenville haven't materialized. Vergnolle said the tower is indefinitely delayed because of high construction costs.

So it sounds like it's not dead after all...

• 1 month later...

Archived