Spring Fling 2006 Photos

Spartan

Here are some photos from Spring Fling 2006. I went on Saturday. It was a great day for the festivities. It was on Commerce and Main between Church and Dunbar Streets, and it was on St. John St from Church to Dean (including Barnet Park (Zimmerli Amphiteater)). My only complaint is that they did not have the cool rides this year (like the swinging ship and the ferris wheel (I was really looking forward to taking some shots from up high). Still, good times.

DSC00475.jpg

Morgan Square from the Magnolia St garage

DSC00476.jpg

The Plaza at Church and St John

DSC00477.jpg

St John St

DSC00478.jpg

St John St again... This is the only area where you could get a good perspective of the crowds that were out. Unforunately this isn't very illustrative of the crowds. I thought it was pretty packed.

DSC00480.jpg

These guys were fun to watch.

DSC00481.jpg

I took the opportunity to snap a photo of the Chapman Cultural Center

DSC00483.jpg

Main St

DSC00484.jpg

Main St again

DSC00486.jpg

This was new to me. This building has been gutted, and the spaces in it are for up for lease.

DSC00487.jpg

Sidewalk behind the tents on Main St.

DSC00489.jpg

Sidewalk behind the tents on Main St again

DSC00490.jpg

Morgan Square

DSC00491.jpg

I am not sure why this end of Main St was empty. The only thing I can figure is that the tents stopped at the cut through to Dunbar St.

DSC00495.jpg

Looking North from Morgan Square (one of my favorites)

DSC00496.jpg

People enjoying the newly upgraded Morgan Square

DSC00499.jpg

Fountain in the center of the square

DSC00501.jpg

Plaza at Church and St John from the Magnolia St garage.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some photos from Spring Fling 2006. I went on Saturday. It was a great day for the festivities. It was on Commerce and Main between Church and Dunbar Streets, and it was on St. John St from Church to Dean (including Barnet Park (Zimmerli Amphiteater)). My only complaint is that they did not have the cool rides this year (like the swinging ship and the ferris wheel (I was really looking forward to taking some shots from up high). Still, good times.

DSC00475.jpg

Morgan Square from the Magnolia St garage

DSC00476.jpg

The Plaza at Church and St John

DSC00477.jpg

St John St

DSC00478.jpg

St John St again... This is the only area where you could get a good perspective of the crowds that were out. Unforunately this isn't very illustrative of the crowds. I thought it was pretty packed.

DSC00480.jpg

These guys were fun to watch.

DSC00481.jpg

I took the opportunity to snap a photo of the Chapman Cultural Center

DSC00483.jpg

Main St

DSC00484.jpg

Main St again

DSC00486.jpg

This was new to me. This building has been gutted, and the spaces in it are for up for lease.

DSC00487.jpg

Sidewalk behind the tents on Main St.

DSC00489.jpg

Sidewalk behind the tents on Main St again

DSC00490.jpg

Morgan Square

DSC00491.jpg

I am not sure why this end of Main St was empty. The only thing I can figure is that the tents stopped at the cut through to Dunbar St.

DSC00495.jpg

Looking North from Morgan Square (one of my favorites)

DSC00496.jpg

People enjoying the newly upgraded Morgan Square

DSC00499.jpg

Fountain in the center of the square

DSC00501.jpg

Plaza at Church and St John from the Magnolia St garage.

Very nice shots, Spartan. Unfortunately I was unable to make it down there this year but it appears Spring Fling was well organized and attended.

Archived