Pinnacle at Cross Creek/ DeVoe Moore Property

psycuda

Guess what, folks. The long rumored project on the DeVoe Moore property at Mahan and I-10 has come to official fruition. The preapplication information for the DRI has been received by the Planning Department, with a meeting scheduled for early December. What's being discussed is a small office park, about 400 houses, a couple of small hotels (200 rooms total), and 1.2 million square feet of retail space, including a theatre complex. Let the speculation begin.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Great and all but I wonder how it will fair with the Fallschase development up the road. I would rather this be a small development and have outsiders have to travel in town more to boost the local economy instead of the fringes of town. Something tells me that both are in a Race for development and business with could lead to competition which could lead to good thing for the consumer as well. So I guess this could go either way.

Can you have upscale retail w/that humongous and obnoxious sign looming over it? That thing looks like it got lost on its way to International Drive in O-town.

You make some good points mracca about having the bigger retail development at Fallschase thus keeping or bringing folks more into the urban area.

I think retail out there on the interstate would be a good spot for more of an outlet type mall than upscale shops????

It will be fun to follow this project through its approval process. DeVoe does not take kindly to agencies telling him how to use his land. His comments will be a hoot I'm sure.

This is Great and all but I wonder how it will fair with the Fallschase development up the road. I would rather this be a small development and have outsiders have to travel in town more to boost the local economy instead of the fringes of town. Something tells me that both are in a Race for development and business with could lead to competition which could lead to good thing for the consumer as well. So I guess this could go either way.

I am just frustrated at how long and how Tallahassee keeps setting AIG back from starting its development, but DeVoe is right on track at least you can see some action going on here.

If you are planning on buying land on this side of Tallahassee I recommend getting it now before it is too late.

Based on what Colonial has in all of its other Florida Markets, I expect to see some sort of strip center here. Granted they haven't built anything at 1.2 million sq.ft. I just don't expect a new indoor mall / or regional mall at this location. I may be wrong, but based of what they have in Florida, a strip mall is a safe bet.

^I believe that's the Bob Rackliff fan club you are talking about. Their motto is Growth=Evil/Stagnation=Good. I believe they was to abolish I-10 and just have all of us ride our bikes to Jacksonville and Pensacola.

No cityboy05 if Colonial comes in w/a 1.2 million sq ft. mall, IMHO I don't think one of our malls will survive that. However, I feel like TJ that this possibly will be a strip mall based on what they build in the state and area. Colonial has taken over mall management like in Valdosta and Auburn, AL, but they did not develop those malls. That said 1.2 million sq ft is just a little too big for a strip center. I wonder what their retails plans are?????

I just thought of this...... but would this be an awesome place for and Out-Doors World? That's pretty big right? I saw a Giant 18 wheeler driving through Tallahassee on Appalahassee that was for Out-Doors World today and was wondering what they were doing here. I know we have enough hunters here and in Gerogia to support this kind of a place.

^Excellent thought there mracca and that's definitely a possibility. You maybe onto something. Bass Pro is expanding like crazy lately. They have one in Macon, GA which is about our size and a non-tourist area and they have announced they are building one in Montgomery, AL which is our size and again not a big tourist destination. I say that about the tourist areas b/c Savannah and Destin already have one but both are tourist areas. Often times they like to build one in conjunction w/something else that is an attraction and in our case I believe that would be Devoe's car museum.

Good thinking, it will be interesting to see if your reasoning comes true.

I just thought of this...... but would this be an awesome place for and Out-Doors World? That's pretty big right? I saw a Giant 18 wheeler driving through Tallahassee on Appalahassee that was for Out-Doors World today and was wondering what they were doing here. I know we have enough hunters here and in Gerogia to support this kind of a place.

TJ, I don't think there'd be enough room for a Bass Pro over at Tally Mall. Their 3 big anchors don't seem to be going anywhere even w/Parisian turning into Belk next year. Also I'd think Bass Pro would prefer the Devoe site b/c of better visibility to the "outside world."

Since Macon's store is 120,000 sq. ft. and the one in Montgomery is proposed to be that size also, I'm going w/that will be the size of our store if we land one. And keep in mind our possible store may or may not look like their log cabin/hunting lodge type of store, they all don't look that way. The one in Savannah, GA looks to be in an old department store like Dillards. Since our potential store will be new construction, hopefully it will look better than that.

OK so we've still got a million more sq. ft. of retail out at Devoe's site. That's still a TON of retail to fill. I wonder if that sq. footage figure includes his car museum?

Archived