Chicago Tour - Part I

Neo

I just got back from a week in Chicago and here are some of the pictures I took. I took ~1500 shots so it took me a while to filter through them....many of the shots I took were multiple shots of the same thing with different exposure/speed/etc. but some of the collection are below and in the other post parts. Enjoy! :)

DSC01223.jpg

The Chicago Sun Times building that will be the location of Trump's new building. I had lunch with a lady I used to work with that now works in that building and she told me they had given all tenants 2.5 months to get out. Just a bit of inside information for you. 8-)

DSC01229.jpg

The entrance to the Wrigley Building...a beautiful building on the river and Michigan Avenue!

DSC01232.jpg

A shot down Michigan Avenue from the Michigan Ave. bridge.

DSC01235.jpg

The Chicago Tribune building...perhaps the most beautiful building that exists in the US...the architecture is simply amazing!

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

Not a job for just anyone!

DSC01248.jpg

Another Michigan Avenue shot...notice the Tulips...the city is full of them!

DSC01257.jpg

My old residential building...I miss this place! :(

DSC01263.jpg

I believe this would be Rush Street...it's been a while so pardon me if I am wrong, LOL!

DSC01265.jpg

Taken from the Water Tower courtyard towards the Water Tower Place mall

DSC01279.jpg

A shot of Michigan Avenue from the center of Grant Park

DSC01280.jpg

Looking NNW

DSC01287.jpg

Construction along south Grant Park

DSC01288.jpg

Construction along Michigan Avenue in south Grant Park

DSC01289.jpg

Railyard in Grant Park

DSC01291.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

Looking towards the Museum Campus from Grant Park

DSC01296.jpg

Our hotel from Grant Park

DSC01300.jpg

A city gardener working in a flower bed

DSC01307.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

Dinosaur beside the Field Museum

DSC01327.jpg

Skyline as seen from the employee parking lot at the Field Museum

DSC01330.jpg

Looking towards Soldier Field from the Field Museum

DSC01332.jpg

The Field Museum

DSC01353.jpg

Inside of the Field Museum...it's absolutely beautiful...and huge!

DSC01355.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

Skyline as seen from the north exit at the Field Museum

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

Shedd Aquarium

DSC01376.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

This guy is nuts...it was ~50F and winds were about 20-25 mph.

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

Looking towards Navy Pier from the Museum Campus

Visit Part II!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics Neo.

The Tribune Tower is spectacular.

Sure looks healthy in the construction field. Still lots of height or bulk being added to an already amazing skyline :)

I like the people shots. Nice to see ordinary folk going about their business in another city and country.

...and some very beautiful parks!! Are they peach or cherry blossoms in the last few pics? Nice!!

Nice pics buddy! Chicago's really cleaning up its act, with all that new construction and that new park, and their focus on good architecture.

Yeah, Chicago really has cleaned up their act. In fact, as clean as Charlotte is I'd say that Chicago puts Charlotte to shame! :ph34r:

Delta, those were Cherry Blossoms I believe. It's simply a beautiful city! 8-) They also have tulips everywhere this time of year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm on Dial-up and wasn't gonna bother with the pictures, but I recognize all those places from the descriptions. Quite a tour! I'd love to go to Shedd aquarium sometime. Did you ever make it out to Oak Park? The neighborhood around Frank Lloyd Wright's personal home is filled with a ton of his work, and even the ones that aren't by him are simply gorgeous. It's a beautiful neighborhood. If you ever have occasion, take the blue line El out to the Oak Park stop and have a look around. To this day it's one of my favorite places in the whole Chicagoland area.

Archived