NFL's Best Team?

PghUSA

steelers.gifsteelers.gifsteelers.gifsteelers.gif

After becoming the first NFL team to defeat two unbeaten teams (this late in the season) in consecutive weeks . . . and doing so in games that weren't close at all (look at time of possession, first downs, total yards etc.) watching these games its almost like the Steelers were playing against the boyscout squad from the southside, the Steelers ran 3-4-5 running plays in a row, passed when they wanted etc. Steelers also now own the longest winning streak, and the last team to hand Roethlisberger a loss was Iowa from a year ago (he's won 20 straight as a starting QB I believe).

I can't really think about how those two nationally televised games could be more textbook football. So I ask if not the Steelers who is the best team in the NFL? And barring any major injuries how would any team stop them from winning everything this year? I'm biased of course :D so interested in your opinions!

steelers.gifsteelers.gifsteelers.gifsteelers.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now the Steelers have no equal. Everything is running smooth, and BennyR looks like a veteran QB, running the show as it should be run. Watch the Chargers though, and maybe the Bucs, but I don't think either of them have the lineup to match Pittsburgh if the Steelers keep on rollin...

The Bucs, not hardly! after their horrible start at the beginning of the year but they are definitely not the best team in football. Undoutably so, the Steelers are the best team in the sport with maybe the chargers at their heels. The pats and the Eagles are still contenders.

Right now the Steelers have no equal. Everything is running smooth, and BennyR looks like a veteran QB, running the show as it should be run. Watch the Chargers though, and maybe the Bucs, but I don't think either of them have the lineup to match Pittsburgh if the Steelers keep on rollin...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bucs not so sure . . . I think it might be an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl, with the Vikings (if they stay healthy) and the Chargers (if they stay healthy) as spoilers. Chargers are interesting they have the chance to repeat 10 years ago when they spoiled the best team in the NFL then by going to Pittsburgh and beating the Steelers and making them wait a year to go to the SuperBowl. Always thought that Steelers should have hired Schottenheimer (he is from Pittsburgh and went to University of Pittsburgh to play football) in 92 as Nolls replacement instead of Cowher, both are super coaches but I think Schottenheimer has that edge!

Marty Shottenheimer is too conservative for me. I grew up a Chiefs fan, so I hated the Chargers, the Raiders, and the Buffalo Bills. It seems every year in the early 90's the Chiefs would make it to the playoffs only to get beat by the Bills. That was when Shottenheimer had the reins in Kansas City. I HATED him. I was so glad to see him go and Dick Vermeil move in, but Marty has done a fantastic job out in San Diego. I think Pittsburgh benefitted from hiring Phil Cowher more than they would have had they hired Shottenheimer.

yea bucs? did you hop on the bandwagon a few years back wolfdawg? that was annyoign, everyone in jax had bucs stuff on all the time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a true Jacksonville fan and if I have a second favorite, it would be the KC Chiefs. Priest and Trent are great players, though this year they are definitely struggling. Although, I did cheer for the Bucs in the game, but did not go all out like some people.

lol Aaron . . . balitmore will be an exciting game but remember the only loss this season was when Ben came in halfway through the game for injured Tommy Maddox, QBs change the whole tempo of the game from handoffs to snapcounts to passing style so Baltimore got a break the first time around. By the way the STREAK continues 7 straight wins for a starting Rookie QB breaks the all time NFL mark!!!!!

I still think the Pats are #1. Yes, we got whipped by Pittsburgh, but we had no running game, Dillon was injured. If we had him, it would have been a much different game. The Steelers made the Pats look terrible because we had no choice but to have a one dimensional offense. It is pretty easy to beat a team when you know what they will do every down.

lol, you guys are funny the question is the BEST team

i know we are all homers on this board but jax the cards and bears! maybe jax can win their division (heck somebody has to win that division) but seriously in my mind it comes down to the Steelers (which ESPN is still ranking #1 (2nd week in a row) Eagles, Pats maybe Chargers.

In reply to Benjamin, A) Steelers beat them B ) Pats I believe were still one dimensional the next week had no problem winning C) and most importantly that game really was not that close, it was pretty text-book football a kicking. The Steelers D droped 2 or 3 easy 90/70 yard TD run interceptions, and the Steelers offense went on autopiolet the final quarter (again just recalling from memory here).

Now if the Pats had lost without a Dillon the next week and the Pats had gone down to the final 5 min of the 4th quarter in Pittsburgh (some Steeler fans left in the 3rd quarter thats how much it was on ice) then I'd have to say Pats could be #1 or just as good as the Steelers.

Finally Duce went down, Bettis comes in and has something like 245 yards in 2 games. Thats the best "TEAM" if the Pats lose half their offense with Dillon out then a team with two 100 yard/game rushers gets the nod as the best.

Philly I put as a distant 2nd (only because we dismantled them when they were healthy) SD and Pats are 3rd and then its a fight for the other slots in my mind ;)

^ Actually, the Cards were contenders in '99 when they were in the playoffs and three years ago the Bears were 12-4.

Aside from being a homer, I still think the Pats are the best. The Pittsburgh game was awful for us, we brought out D game and the Steelers brought their A game. I think it is Pats, Steelers, Eagles in that order.

Benhamin,

guess the only way to really settle it is in 7 weeks at the AFC Championship Game (or divisional). You do realize with that bad week for the Pats (could have been a good week for the Steelers though not a bad week for the Pats :) ) any playoff game between the two (if they both win out or drop equal games) would have to come over to Pittsburgh's Northside!

^ Actually, the Cards were contenders in '99 when they were in the playoffs and three years ago the Bears were 12-4.

Aside from being a homer, I still think the Pats are the best. The Pittsburgh game was awful for us, we brought out D game and the Steelers brought their A game. I think it is Pats, Steelers, Eagles in that order.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually the Bears were 13-3. ;)

NFL's best team: New England Patriots.

btw, how long is Burress gone for? That guy was amazing at MSU!

Archived