Attachments

Neo

Instructions are below on how to use the file attachment feature. The types you will be able to attach will be .JPG, .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG and .PDF. All file types, with the exception of .PDF, are image files. Each user with at least 10 posts will receive space for attachments. Members+ and paying members will get even more space relative to their status.

Do a "New Post" and look for a new section called "Attachments." From there you can browse your computer for a .JPG, .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG or .PDF to attach to the post. Our software will display the amount of space left as well as the size of that attachment(s) for the current post. You can click the "Click To Attach Files" button which will put a tag into the post body. When posted it will put a thumbnail of the picture you attached (unless you attached a PDF) and will look like this:

post-1-1103736923_thumb.jpg

Attachments are managed by going to your "My Settings" and clicking "Manage Your Attachments"

RULES:

Spamming the board in order to achieve a higher post count WILL NOT be tolerated. Spam posts are subject to deletion and credit for that post will be deducted from your overall post count. Spam posts will be at the discretion of moderators and admins and may be subject to suspension or a ban. We want to make this fair for everyone so please, stick to these rules.

In addition, you will not be able to hotlink the attachments from this site. For example, if you post an attachment here and make a post on <insert name of another site here> and hotlink the image, it will not work. This will help keep our costs down as well as providing our members will exclusive content.

If you have any questions regarding this new feature of UrbanPlanet.org, please post your questions/concerns here.

• 1 year later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand not being able to hotlink attachments for obvious reasons, but I was thinking that once your attachment was uploaded you'd be able to use it in more than 1 post on UP. I tried today, but that didn't work so I re-uploaded the image and made a new attachment for the other thread I wanted to post it in.

When I first posted it to the second thread, it was showing up. But when I reloaded the page, it was gone. I'd like to think maybe I missed something and that there's a way to do it; but if not, I guess I did it right.

Ok, you can do what you want to do by right clicking on the image and copying the link location. You can also right click on the image and click "Properties" and it will give you the link to the attachment/image in a previous post. You can then create a new post, insert image link, and paste that link into the post.

Ok, you can do what you want to do by right clicking on the image and copying the link location. You can also right click on the image and click "Properties" and it will give you the link to the attachment/image in a previous post. You can then create a new post, insert image link, and paste that link into the post.

I had considered that, and wondered if it would be okay. It's not hotlinking on another site, but rather just linking to another page here within UP. And since you told me I could, then I will use this knowledge whenever the situation arises from now on.

Thanks again, man. :)

• 10 months later...
I understand that one must be at the Members+ level to be able to add attachments to posts, but does one also have to be in the Members+ group to be able to actually see the attachments in the posts?

All users can see posts containing attachments made by Members+ or paid subscribers on UP. If you are not seeing images that have been attached to a post please create a bug report here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=322