Master Plans of Greenville

btoy

I am going to post links to masterplans and websites for overlay districts and that way we can dicuss what we like dislike about these areas possible futures.

Reedy River Master Plan

Dunbar-West Greenville Revitalization Plan (2002)

West Greenville Master Plan

Viola Street Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy

Haynie-Sirrine Master Plan

Market Strategies for West Washington Street and the Wester Corridor (2001)

Pleasantburg Drive Website

Pleasantburg Drive Market Study

Pleasantburg Drive Master Plan (2004)

Hampton-Pinckney Website

Clemson University Masterplan

Clemson ICAR Masterplan Site No plan yet, but this should be where they post it when it is done.

Greenville Vision 2025

I know there are more but this is all I can find at the moment. Add more if you know of them. My favorites here are the Haynie-Sirrine Plan, The Pleasantburg Drive Plan, and the Clemson University Plan.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I was unaware of the Reedy River plan. I've long thought that the Municipal Stadium site should be converted into a public park/recreational complex off Mauldin Road.

After check out page 69 of that document I see that is the plan for that side of the Conestee Lake complex.

Y'all, we don't realise it yet, but the Conestee complex is going to be a jewel. There is an Envrionment Heritage Educational center planned, a kayak put in up the river near I-85, walking trails, a large section of ball fields and meeting areas.

I don't think we have seen anything yet, it is going to be special.

I was unaware of the Reedy River plan. I've long thought that the Municipal Stadium site should be converted into a public park/recreational complex off Mauldin Road.

After check out page 69 of that document I see that is the plan for that side of the Conestee Lake complex.

Y'all, we don't realise it yet, but the Conestee complex is going to be a jewel. There is an Envrionment Heritage Educational center planned, a kayak put in up the river near I-85, walking trails, a large section of ball fields and meeting areas.

I don't think we have seen anything yet, it is going to be special.

Exactly. :thumbsup: I'm hoping that there are plans for the Conestee Mill along with all this. This could be a gem of a recreational area! :thumbsup:

btoy, thank you for those links! I loved the Pleasantburg Drive description of the area as "underdemolished"- certainly a tactful way to describe it, which I have never heard before!

And that picture of McAlister Square, with the mismatched paint. So sad, as it was my favorite childhood mall, but too funny!

I don't understand why Bi-Lo isn't jumping all over the Church Street development and pushing it through faster. If I were the home town based grocer, with someone like Publix opening what will be a showplace just a few block away, I'd protect my turf and market share!

Well hello - Bi-Lo went through a major building boom in the late 90's and early 00's, so it hasn't been too long ago. The company was recently sold to local owners, who have less to work with, but still have a good foothold in the regional market. I noticed that the Bi-Lo on South Pleasantburg Drive and Mauldin Road is undergoing an exterior cosmetic makeover to enhance its appeal versus the new Bloom store across the road.

Well hello - Bi-Lo went through a major building boom in the late 90's and early 00's, so it hasn't been too long ago. The company was recently sold to local owners, who have less to work with, but still have a good foothold in the regional market. I noticed that the Bi-Lo on South Pleasantburg Drive and Mauldin Road is undergoing an exterior cosmetic makeover to enhance its appeal versus the new Bloom store across the road.

I haven't been by that one in a while. I'll have to check that out. :thumbsup:

Archived