Jump to content

Nostyle

Members+
  • Content Count

    374
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Nostyle

  • Rank
    Whistle-Stop
  1. Nostyle

    NBA Talk

    Wow, not a single post from this season?
  2. $30 mil loan $3 mil deposits $10 mil equity The loan was ~70% loan-to-value. Verna had to cough up the other 30%. As costs skyrocketed the loan stayed put, leaving Verna to pick up the difference out of pocket, which he obviously couldn't handle.
  3. If anyone is up for it, the skyline from the train's Tyvola Station is phenomenal, if you can get just a bit higher than platform level.
  4. This has been discussed before. If you make the stops too cozy then you get homeless people taking shelter there. Either way there's an excuse for people to feel uncomfortable at the station, whether it be the extreme heat/cold and lack of shelter or the smelly, hairy guy with the shopping cart full of cans that just asked you for change. Can't please everyone.
  5. ^I used to do the same thing...park in South End. But eventually I found myself jumping on a Gold Rush anyways. For me, the bigger motivation is the money I'm saving (averaging $1.80 round trip versus paying $3 in parking, not to mention gas) and the ease of the commute (daydreaming on a train rather than being stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic).
  6. It's pretty cool to see NASCAR HOF, Metropolitan, and Royal Court going up on the eastern side of the train every morning. Definitely adds a lot to not only the skyline but the continuing development of Charlotte's urban fabric.
  7. I don't think anyone actually opened their beer on the train. Most people only grabbed them to be polite, although one gentleman sitting at the back definitely sounded eager to get a beer as they were being handed out. The guy almost shattered a bottle on one of the handrails while trying to distribute them. But no, I didn't hear the distinct sound of a bottle being opened while on the train. A woman standing near me who had gotten a bottle said that it felt very warm. Who knows where that beer had come from. One time I saw an inspector actually check tickets on a packed rush ho
  8. ^He wasn't drunk. He actually seemed quite with it, and in a good mood. The only time he showed any hostility was when the conductor used the p/a to ask him to hurry up when unloading at New Bern, to which the guy replied by yelling "this would've been a lot faster if I could've brought my damn cart on!"
  9. I gotta tell you guys what happened on the train this morning. It was the 7:52 train heading inbound. I got on at 485 and stood in the back. At I believe Archdale a man tried getting on the train with a shopping cart full of big boxes and some bags. The conductor got on the p/a and told the guy he couldn't bring the cart onboard, so the guy started unloading these boxes from the cart and putting them on the train. We all watched in disbelief. There must've been 10 or more big boxes, maybe 10 small boxes, and some bags of something. As it turned out, the bigger boxes were cases of beer,
  10. Nostyle

    The Vue

    ^That's based on the original design with spire.
  11. I thought CATS did a great job. I got out of work at 5. I knew the situation wouldn't be pretty but I was willing to deal with it. My train was a bit later than usual (showed up around 5:15 instead of 5:10), but no worries. It was a double train but it was already PACKED at 3rd street. The incident caused the "train sensing system" to be deactivated, so the train had to go very slow through South End. We then jumped on a bus for 5 minutes to get us to New Bern. Another double train showed up within a minute of getting there. It was also packed with people heading northbound, so they go
  12. ^Even aside from the movement of (or lack of) workers, I have seen NO difference to that side of the Park. I have not seen a single change to that entire side of the building. I even tried to pick out some finer details to see if they'd change over time, and they haven't. I'm just not seeing any progress whatsoever. But hey, they say it'll get done. Fair enough. Let's see it happen.
  13. Ever since the blue line started operating I've taken it to and from the 3rd street station, and while waiting for my train I have tried to observe any activity at the Park on a daily basis. I have NEVER seen ANYONE in that building. To say it's going at a snail's pace is an understatement.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.