CenterHill

Members+
  • Content count

    1735
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    17

CenterHill last won the day on May 5 2016

CenterHill had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2731 Excellent

About CenterHill

  • Rank
    Burg

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Nashville

Recent Profile Visitors

2333 profile views
  1. CenterHill

    Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

    Right. Metro used to haul the city's garbage collection there to burn (yes, burn!) to create steam to heat and cool downtown buildings. The cost of compliance with Clean Air Act regulations in the 90's ultimately made the plant's continued operation uneconomical. Metro finally shuttered it in 2003 and replaced the steam generation with the new gas facility a few blocks away. You can see the gas facility under construction in that postcard at the foot of the still under construction KVB bridge. I'm guessing that photo was circa 2002. Question why shops are selling postcards with aerial images from 16 years ago.
  2. CenterHill

    Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

    Not sure who owns the Cotton Eyed Joe building, but I would love to see it renovated and the bricked in facade restored to the original window pattern. The building would actually accommodate a nice boutique hotel, a la The Holston House, although the street noise at that location would be a big drawback for a hotel.
  3. CenterHill

    Nashville Bits and Pieces

    I think many people believe Kempf is an excellent choice.
  4. CenterHill

    Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

    I ride the Stones River Greenway often and you feel like you're in another part of the state there in Stones River Bend. It's an amazing piece of land. Couldn't agree with you more that we are lucky to have it. The master plan does a great job of preserving, and restoring, the natural state of this giant area.
  5. CenterHill

    Repurposed/revitalized historical buildings in Nashville

    ^ This is one of the historic buildings the owner proposed to sell to a developer a few years ago. The developer planned to demolish it (along with one or two other homes of that era), which resulted in the temporary moratorium on new development on Music Row. But, new development continues to march down 16th and 17th moving this direction.
  6. It appears part of the parcel closest to the river abuts the bridge and the sliver parking lot will remain big enough to park about 10 cars on (and a food truck LOL).
  7. CenterHill

    Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

    Good photos. Construction site in the first photo is the 5th and Broad development.
  8. CenterHill

    The Transportation and Mass Transit Megathread

    I can think of at least a dozen stoplight intersections that I would love to see scrapped for a roundabout. Some will never happen because new development got there first (12th and Demonbreun). Others are still prime candidates (Wedgewood/Magnolia/16th/17th or Broadway/West End split).
  9. CenterHill

    Nashville Bits and Pieces

    No. Don’t know the source of that, but what is shown is a portion of a chart (2017) that shows the fossil fuel breakdown. Fossil fuels are 62.7% of all sources. The other 37.3% are non-fossil sources of electricity like wind, solar, hydro and nuclear.
  10. to keep the houses from falling into the street?
  11. CenterHill

    Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

    Back to this photo, here's the historical marker which confirms @markhollin's 1859 dedication of the church. The marker says the rectory, which is not present in the photo, was built in 1874, so the photo would have been pre-1874, possibly during the Civil War. I believe that is Ft. Negley at the upper right in the photo.
  12. CenterHill

    505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

    Do you see it? (rainbow from one Tony building to another)
  13. CenterHill

    Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

    Ominous skies from my office window about 30 minutes ago.
  14. Googled to see where these ^ townhomes were and came across this infill on Stainback. Holy curb cut! How the frick did this get through the Zoning Commission?
  15. The brickwork on the front facade on this is already pretty far along. It should be a nice addition to the street.