Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turlough

Post a skyline shot of your city

65 posts in this topic

ok all we need now is somebody from ATL to post and will be set :P

Before I post the skyline, feast on this historic metro Atlanta land mark!

The_Big_Chicken.jpg

good old KFC it's american like apple pie, baseball, starbucks and wal-mart

Here is one of Phoenix. Not my city, but it's a nice shot and well, brings some flavor to this forum with a lot of southern topics :)

phoenix_night.jpg

That is an awsome pano of Phoenix! While the city is not the tallest thing, it sure is dense in many places!

Yeah, the skyline is a little weak. But you know, put mountains behind just about anything and it looks a lot better :D

You don't see too many shots of Phoenix, especially ones that look THAT good!! That pic is awesome, the mountains make it look goooooood.

BTW, I think it's impossible to get too much of that Atlanta skyline!

That's gotta be the first decent shot of Myrtle Beach I've ever seen!

I think Birmingham is overlooked most of the time. It has pretty nice density! What's the current population of Birmingham anyways?

239,416 in the city and 1.1 million in the metro.

Not too shabby.

Wow! That's one heck of a skyline for a population of only 240k! Good job Birmingham!!!

239,416 in the city and 1.1 million in the metro.

Not too shabby.

242,820 in the city. BOO YA!

Here's a nice shot of Richmond. I think the city looks best when it shows the James River.

RI00058p.jpg

Damn, Richmond does awesome from that angle. I like Richmond, but that shot makes it look REALLY good to me. Nice pic :)

Postcard shots of my two cities"

Des Moines

dmskyline.jpg

Little Rock

P9090069.jpg

I found a small shot of Danville, my hometown. If you have a hard time seeing the "skyline", well, it's not your fault. There isn't much to it.

City1.jpg

I found a small shot of Danville, my hometown. If you have a hard time seeing the "skyline", well, it's not your fault. There isn't much to it.

Which Danville is it? The only one I'm familiar with in knowing it's location is the one in Illinois, LOL!

Nooooooo, you did NOT go there, LMAO!! Actually, I need to take a picture of next time I'm on the bridge on 200 headed towards downtown. You can get a pretty good density shot from that bridge. Well, density with 2, 3 and some 4 story buildings, LOL!

Neo, that's Danville, Virginia. It's an old tobacco and textile town (pop. 50,000) right on the NC state line, about 45 miles north of Greensboro. Danville is best known to our North Carolina forumers as that place you go to buy lottery tickets. :D

Lakelander: Do you have any skyline shots of the more tourist beach towns? Ft Myers, Naples, Daytona, or anything like that?

I haven't taken any personal pics, but give me a little time and I'll see what I can find.