Which city should I go to?

Makaveli123

Miami Beach is not dangerous. Plain and simple. Florida in general is a safe place to be, so don't even think about it. Honestly, you'd probably have more fun in Miami Beach than Ft. Lauderdale, unless you are gay then there is a lot to offer you there. The beaches are equally as good in both places.

If I were you, i'd stay the bulk of the trip in Miami Beach, rent a car and do a day trip in Ft. Lauderdale and maybe a night or two down in Key West. If you had to choose though, I'd do Key West over Ft. Lauderdale. Its a lot more interesting.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am gay and I prefer South Beach or Fort Lauderdale..what do Fort Lauderdale have that I missed? I would like to know so I can go there next time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tons actually. Ft. Lauderdale has become one of the top 3 destinations for gays and lesbians from around the world. This is largely in part to South Beach going more mainstream hip hop.

What part of Miami did you stay in alslex?  How is it full of crime?

Fort Lauderdale is nice, but I have yet to see it offer anything that Miami Beach doesn't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry for labeling all Miami is full of crime, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just had a bad experience while there. I should give it another chance! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

That's what I like about Florida. Every city/town has that special thing that makes it unique. All the cities mentioned are all great places, but my city sometimes gets overlooked. If visiting Florida in the spring time I think the best city to visit is good old Tallahassee. During spring, plant vegetation in Tallahassee is at it's fullest. Everything just fits together. The canopy roads of Tallahasse is one of the best places to view vegetation coming to it's fullest. The air is clean and pristine and the birds are chirping, and flying between the trees that shade areas of the sometimes blazing sun. You could drive up and down the many rolling hills of Tallahasse, and if you want to go to the beach that's no problem because the closest beach is 20 miles south of the city. Not to mention that there is a fresh water spring about 35 min away from the capitol building. Tallahassee also has the no.1 ranked parks in the nation.

Even though Tallahasse sounds like an old country town it is not. Tallahasssee is very urban due to the 2 universities that share the city which also gives the city it's young look. There are a lot things you can do in Tallahasse. Whether it is clubbing at one of the numerous clubs of the city, or watching an orchestra play at the ruby diamond auditorium. Shopping at the 2 malls of Tallahassee, or going to see a movie, dining out, or just sight seeing. Tallahassee is just a wonderful place to visit. She is the first lady of Florida. These links provide a little more info on Tallahasse. I give this city :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://www.russellgraceimages.com/images/c...eridian_rd.html

http://www.seetallahassee.com/leoncountytdc/default.asp

http://www.springtimetallahassee.com/main.htm

http://www.wakullacounty.com/wakulla-5.htm

TALLAHASSEE!!!

If you truly want to experience the Original Florida, visit Tallahassee, the state Capitol. This is one city that has truly stayed true to its foundation. Although Tallahassee is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth these days, it offers visitors many sights, sounds, and tastes.

It is true that Tallahassee is known for Florida's Capitol, and two of Florida's greatest Universities (FSU and Florida A&M), but what is often left out is the abundance of history in this city. Tallahassee is a Museum. The Florida Museum of History and Science, Florida Black Archives, the Capitol Museum, Mary Brogan Museum of Art, The Tallahassee Natural Museum (Animals), The Tallahassee Antique Car Museum (very nice), not to mention the beautfiul McClay Gardens, and Wakulla Springs with the glass bottom boats.

Truly if you want to see Florida at its best Tallahassee is the destination of choice. Big enough for you to stay a day or two, but not too big for you to get lost. If you love a Quality city, you'll love Tallahassee.

• 1 month later...

Think about other things than just a beach.

Here are some other options.

Lake City or Ocala. Old florida, natural springs galore. Nothing like paddling a kayak in crystal clear water and have a manatee swim underneath you or paddle right next to a 6foot+ alligator

What about Gainesville?

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Are you asking for real or just to know how the FL MEelbourne is. Never been there but seems pretty nice...and it definitely isn't big city like the one in Australia.

Visit NE Florida (Jax, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, even Daytona), nice varied area.

Geez...well i want to boast a little too so....what about Ft. Walton Beach-Destin or Panama City Beach...WE OWN IN THE SPRING from March to May (thanks to MTV) :shades: . The 3 counties of Okaloosa, Walton and Bay have a few of "the largest" titles such as: The USA's largest night club (LA Vela), largest AFB Reserve, the largest and fastest speed boat made specifically for tourists, longest miles of pure white sand beaches in the nation, Oh and if shopping is what you want, we have the South's largest all designer outlets including - Calvin Klein, Kenneth Cole, BCBG Maxzria etc.....speeking of shopping, we have 3 malls (though not that big) and lots of shopping plazas with several boutiques. Pensacola, 45 mi west of Ft. Walton, has another two malls as well. Hotels, restaraunts, clubs, bars, shows, events, are a plenty in this area. If you want to get away from the everyday thing and do something outdoors other than be at the beach, then we have PLENTY of natural springs, rivers, forests, and lakes that dot this region. Rent a kayak, swim in an underground cave or bike a trail through the woods. alright well thats all the details i have for now for my area.

We are not Miami, Orlando, or Ft Lauderdale but that doesnt take away from what we have up here. Really, the Northern half is the quiet half of this greatly diverse state and it would be great if you (and others) would come and see the different side of Florida other than see the obvious.....from Pensacola to Tallahasee to St. Augustine, come visit and explore what started it all. :cry: (and cut) :D

Archived