bars bars bars

mrknowitall

yea, we have alot of bars in downtown now, seems there's a new bar opening and closing every 6mos....

why such a high turnover? no style? no dj's? wack people?

how would you rate the entertainment in this town? we have a small number of strip clubs....so a sales convention is out of the question.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Knowitall,

We all know that a the mega-strip club is coming to the old Sennett Steel Building. Galleria something... Mark (I believe that is his name) London wanted to have a high class half topless, half nude club. The city denied him a liquor license (which I feel was solely based on the type of business and not law). He didn't fight it, instead he plans to build one big mega sex palace. I guess the city commissioners got him! ;) Whether they like it or not, there is a need for this type of establishment with conventioneers (and other people). It may not be some people's thing, but that doesn't mean there isn't demand.

As for turnover in bars, I haven't seen too much really since the Arena was built. Opus 1894 / Tiki Bob's, the Arena Brewing Company turned into Margarita Grill. I can't even think of any others... Am I missing some?

Joe

that school is so keeping its school features. free blackboards for all.

that's sweet.

Well, the Union Square website has a pretty big list of downtown arts and dinning as part of their marketing strategy.

Downtown Venues

(although they left San Chez out of the restaurant list - most certainly the best authentic Spanish restaurant on this side of the state!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that school is so keeping its school features. free blackboards for all.

that's sweet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha sign me up :P I'll use it for the same thing I used em for in school

(making dirty pictures on it before the teacher came in :P just kidding!)

Archived