Introduce yourself

mistermetaj

I am new, so i am curious about where everyone is from. I am from Virginia Beach, I went to Cox High School and I am a first year student at UVa. I am curious about what is the age range we are dealing with. And as for the last post, if you figure a plan to get a major league team either here or norfolk, sign me up to be part of that.

I am new, so i am curious about where everyone is from.  I am from Virginia Beach, I went to Cox High School and I am a first year student at UVa.  I am curious about what is the age range we are dealing with.  And as for the last post, if you figure a plan to get a major league team either here or norfolk, sign me up to be part of that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm 26 and i've lived here for 8 years now. I'm originally from Michigan.

vdogg only 26? haha i pictured you being like 40 for some reason. anyway, I'm 16 and live in Japan, but I lived in Chesapeake from 1993-2001. I'm obsessed with hampton roads development, Norfolk in particular. haha

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:angry: Grrr..... Far from it okinawa. I still have a few good years left in me :thumbsup: .

Ah, a techie. I have a good friend who works in DC for the govt. He heads up the internet security group which supplies the military with internet services. He always speaks over my head and I have to remind him I am not a techie  :cry:  - though I love anything electronic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does he work on the siper and niper net? I was a fiber tech and pulled Cat5e too on alot of the bases.

How did the Va. Beach forum becoming an "Introduction" forum? haha, well, I'll spill my guts too for the heck of it. I'm 21, lived in Norfolk for 19 and a half years, currently go to TCC with plans to transfer to ODU this fall and majoring in business administration and IT. I'm not quite sure what kind of job/career I shooting for yet but until recently, I've wondered if I should pursue a job in that upcoming TRADER TOWER lol :D

Edited by ace707

How did the Va. Beach forum becoming an "Introduction" forum? haha, well, I'll spill my guts too for the heck of it. I'm 21, lived in Norfolk for 19 and a half years, currently go to TCC with plans to transfer to ODU this fall and majoring in business administration and IT. I'm not quite sure what kind of job/career I shooting for yet but until recently, I've wondered if I should pursue a job in that upcoming TRADER TOWER lol :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, since were discussing jobs too, I am a systems technician and i work for VDOT (yes the VDOT). I work on the cctv systems, loop detectors, fiber and communications systems for our variable message signs. I DO NOT work on construction nor am i an engineer, nor do i have anything to do with the decision making process at VDOT so don't come to me with your complaints :D . And on that note, this topic is being moved to a new thread so we don't clutter up the development thread with introductions.

Hey fella's, new to the forum. I am 27 years old and currently work for a structural engineering firm in Newport News. I attend Thomas Nelson Community College and am majoring in engineering with a transfer to Old Dominion to specialize in structural engineering.

I am going to TCC as well, I had to drop my calculus 2 class due to a new job training and buying a house was too much for me to handle at one time. I will also transfer to ODU when i complete TCC. I am going for a bach. in Electrical Engineering.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am also going to TCC, hopefully transferring to ODU soon but my job is so busy i have a hard time taking all the classes that i want too.

Wow, we sure have a lot of smart people in this forum, i'm impressed. With half of us becoming engineers maybe we can put some of our ideas to work someday :) .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope this is a trend in our area!!!! Lets hope one day we can make a huge difference in our area as a group....

Well, since were discussing jobs too, I am a systems techninciana and i work for VDOT (yes the VDOT). I work on the cctv systems, loop detectors, fiber and communications systems for our variable message signs. I DO NOT work on construction nor am i an engineer, nor do i have anything to do with the decision making process at VDOT so don't come to me with your complaints  :D . And on that note, this topic is being moved to a new thread so we don't clutter up the development thread with introductions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aw comeon i have alot to complain about.... Please???

Wow, we sure have a lot of smart people in this forum, i'm impressed. With half of us becoming engineers maybe we can put some of our ideas to work someday :) .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I appear to be the old fart here at age 51. But, I did take my wife to see Maroon 5 at ODU Monday night (her idea, I admit :D ).

I moved to Norfolk in 1975 due to a job with the US GAO. Since 1981 I have been the CFO for a distributor of flooring products. I moved out to Virginia Beach (Haygood area and then Green Run) before settling in suburban Great Bridge in Chesapeake for about 22 years. My wife and I moved to a condo in downtown Norfolk last year.

I enjoy keeping up with local development, with my primary interest being downtown Norfolk.

Hey Vdogg where are you at in your degree? What classes are you taking? Which campus i go downtown for most of my classes and take my engineering classes at the ATC center. I 've only taken one engineering class though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I go to the Va. Beach Campus. I'm currently taking computer engineering technology and when i transfer to ODU i will be taking the same curriculum with a minor in computer science. I've finished all my generals and my math requirement and i have 5 classes to go before i graduate TCC. The problem is they don't offer the classes every semester and with me having to stay at work til 6 somedays it's getting really hard to juggle my schedule.

Alright... I'm an undergrad at George Mason University and majoring in Government and International Relations with a focus in Public Administration. I'm also going to minor in Metropolitan Studies. I'm born and raised in good ole Richmond VA (technically chesterfield county but still). I've been really interested in economic development in the area, solutions to sprawl, and the city's incredibly rich architectural stock. and yes, I've worked at Ukrop's :)