Introduce yourself

mistermetaj

• 3 months later...

I guess I should reintroduce myself; I had not been to forum in quite some time. Computer crashed, life, etc... etc...

I'm in my mid 20s and previous VA resident. I attended/graduated from W&M '04 and later relocated to ATL (fatal mistake). I am looking to relocate to VA either Richmond (preference) or NOVA. I miss VA so much; I loved her when I was there but I really respect her now that I have left.

I'm in management and looking to pursue two Masters degrees in the near future (Accounting & MBA).

Its good reading this forum as I feel it keeps me close to home until I return.

Edited by sbc

I guess I should reintroduce myself; I had not been to forum in quite some time. Computer crashed, life, etc... etc...

I'm in my mid 20s and previous VA resident. I attended/graduated from W&M '04 and later relocated to ATL (fatal mistake). I am looking to relocate to VA either Richmond (preference) or NOVA. I miss VA so much; I loved her when I was there but I really respect her now that I have left.

I'm in management and looking to pursue two Masters degrees in the near future (Accounting & MBA).

Its good reading this forum as I feel it keeps me close to home until I return.

Welcome to the forum sbc. :thumbsup:

I have been a member for over a year and am just now starting to post. I am however a lifetime member of the Hampton Roads community. I was born and raised in Norfolk but bought a house in Windsor. I love this area as a whole and have no plans on leaving. I am greatful for this forum and am very happy there are so many people interested in the development and promotion of this region. I have seen many changes in Southeast Va. in my 38 years and have been part of many of these. I have always worked in the constuction industry one way or another since I was 13. I have remodeled/refurbishied historic home in Ghent, helped build giant subdivisions all the way to NC, was an engineer on 150 West Main St in downtown Norfolk and am currently constructing aircraft carriers and submarines at Northrop Grumman. I am very knowledgable about many things in the tidewater area and hope to share my insite just as I enjoy receiving much information from many of you.

I have been a member for over a year and am just now starting to post. I am however a lifetime member of the Hampton Roads community. I was born and raised in Norfolk but bought a house in Windsor. I love this area as a whole and have no plans on leaving. I am greatful for this forum and am very happy there are so many people interested in the development and promotion of this region. I have seen many changes in Southeast Va. in my 38 years and have been part of many of these. I have always worked in the constuction industry one way or another since I was 13. I have remodeled/refurbishied historic home in Ghent, helped build giant subdivisions all the way to NC, was an engineer on 150 West Main St in downtown Norfolk and am currently constructing aircraft carriers and submarines at Northrop Grumman. I am very knowledgable about many things in the tidewater area and hope to share my insite just as I enjoy receiving much information from many of you.

Great story! Thanks for finally coming out. This is such a great place, and it sounds like you'll be able to contribute lots! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ladies and gents. I work for a real estate developer in the Tidewater region after working on the public side of development for a few years. I've been a lurker on this board for a while and value the comments and insights that many of you give pertaining to development within the area. I actually use this board for work related projects and respect the fact that so many citizens are so civically aware of actions going on in their cities. I look forward to reading and contributing to the disscussions and thread topics in the future.

Hi ladies and gents. I work for a real estate developer in the Tidewater region after working on the public side of development for a few years. I've been a lurker on this board for a while and value the comments and insights that many of you give pertaining to development within the area. I actually use this board for work related projects and respect the fact that so many citizens are so civically aware of actions going on in their cities. I look forward to reading and contributing to the disscussions and thread topics in the future.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Welcome to the forum! :) It's great to have the insights of an insider and another opinion to circulate. I'm really glad that some people in the industry really pay attention to what is said on here - some of the people NOT affiliated with development have great ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 23, and I'm originally from Toledo, OH. I moved to Charlotte, NC when I was 5, and to Staunton, VA when I was 8, so Staunton is where I pretty much grew up. I went to RE Lee HS and graduated in 02, then went to UVA and graduated in 06. I now live in Georgetown, but I'm probably moving to Charlotte soon for a year.

I've always had a major interest in cities and development, and I still follow development in Staunton (huge housing boom going on there). I'd like to pursue a masters in urban planning (and possibly also in foreign affairs, maybe I'll do planning abroad or something), and I'll be applying to schools in the fall. If any of y'all can suggest some good schools, I'd appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there all. I haved lived in Chesapeake (South Norfolk) for the last 6 years. Prior to that I lived in NY. I worked for a large commercial bank for the last 5 years and recently left that job and became a Realtor. I love what has been occuring in SoNo and am excited to see the plans that have been approved come to fruition. Thanks all!

Hi there all. I haved lived in Chesapeake (South Norfolk) for the last 6 years. Prior to that I lived in NY. I worked for a large commercial bank for the last 5 years and recently left that job and became a Realtor. I love what has been occuring in SoNo and am excited to see the plans that have been approved come to fruition. Thanks all!

Welcome to the site. :)

• 1 year later...

Hi there. I am new to this forum (just joined today). I've been living in Virginia Beach all of my life and i am excited to finally see some urban development in my hometown. This seems like a great, lively forum and I look foward to being a part of it.

Hi there. I am new to this forum (just joined today). I've been living in Virginia Beach all of my life and i am excited to finally see some urban development in my hometown. This seems like a great, lively forum and I look foward to being a part of it.

Welcome to the forum. :)

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm originally from Akron, OH.  I like to frequent development forums and anything interesting about Hampton Roads.  That's pretty much it.  No degree or anything.  I've been here about 10 years.  Love/hate relationship with the area, but I usually feel that way about every place I've lived/visited.  Just, reasons, I guess. 

This is a nice area though.  Just not a very exciting one.  Not sure that it really has to be though sometimes people that complain aren't that interesting themselves, so it is what it is. 

20 hours ago, chris722 said:

I'm originally from Akron, OH.  I like to frequent development forums and anything interesting about Hampton Roads.  That's pretty much it.  No degree or anything.  I've been here about 10 years.  Love/hate relationship with the area, but I usually feel that way about every place I've lived/visited.  Just, reasons, I guess. 

This is a nice area though.  Just not a very exciting one.  Not sure that it really has to be though sometimes people that complain aren't that interesting themselves, so it is what it is. 

Welcome.

I live in the surrounding region but not in Hampton Roads proper. Believe me, anywhere in Hampton Roads is more exciting than the general surrounding areas. I love the area because there is plenty to do even though sometimes it may not seem like it. When my wife and I are empty nesters I could very well end up in a downtown Norfolk apartment. That was hard to say twenty or thirty years ago.

• Like 2