Trader Building Progress

Chesapeake Pirate

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok. thats about 300 so they are about 1/3 of the way there. not too bad.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So they've got about 12 weeks or 3 months til they start on steel if they stay on their 50 a week pace. (900 total piles need to be driven right?)

i heard close to 1000 piles, wow it was quiet  today not too many people posting today

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, i know. Not much new news this week. It'll be real busy next week though with the phase 3 groundbreaking.

i heard close to 1000 piles, wow it was quiet  today not too many people posting today

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a matter of fact, i just checked and the whole site was slow this weekend, not just this forum. I guess were always slow on holiday weekends cause people are actually away from their computers.

^ yeah, I have looking over Charlotte's site lately. That city is just booming. Really wish our area was growing like that. They have so much going for them including a growing downtown/uptown core and light rail coming in a couple a years.

^ yeah, I have looking over Charlotte's site lately. That city is just booming. Really wish our area was growing like that. They have so much going for them including a growing downtown/uptown core and light rail coming in a couple a years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All in good time. I think if we can squeeze out another office tower in the next year or so we'll have it in the bag. Just one of those office towers spurs a ton of condo development (like we've seen with Trader). We'd probably get at least 1 additional condo tower as a result of a large office tower.

I think we will get some construction but honestly Charlotte is expanding like wildfire - but in a good way with less sprawl. Jobs paying good incomes are moving into that area creating this boom. But with our area so dependent on the military I doubt we will see the kind of job growth they are now experiencing. But not trying to be a pessimist but more realist I guess. :blush:

Anybody have an idea when they think they will start on the steel? I think it will be in the first week of June.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sure hope its soon....because when I come to Norfolk in the end of June I want to be able to see some progress (i.e. steel, cranes) from the highway since I will probably just be going to a Tides game or to MacArthur Mall.

is trader going to surpass the wachovia building as tallest in Norfolk.  What are the specific meters or feet it is supposed to attain?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really think that Granby will be the tallest at 31 stories (even okinawas friend in planning said it was the tallest being considered for downtown). And did you mean to say dominion, not Wachovia?

is trader going to surpass the wachovia building as tallest in Norfolk.  What are the specific meters or feet it is supposed to attain?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trader probabaly won't pass dominion/wachovia (the 26 story building). I'm thinking it will be around 90m or so, but I have no proof. It will probably be 2nd or 3rd tallest, but there are several buildings about the height of Trader currently downtown, so they will all be close. And yes, It is almost no doubt that Granby Tower will become the tallest in Norfolk.

Oh, just a little tidbit i ran across. The total number of piles that have to be driven for Trader is just under 900, not 1000. Also, for Harbor Heights, its about 800.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow. Really makes one wonder how many will have to be driven for Granby.

Archived