DDA OKs $3.2M loan for Redico office building

Allan

The Detroit Downtown Development Authority has approved a $3.2 Million loan for a new ten story office building that is to be constructed over the Kennedy Square parking garage by Redico Management Company. Groundbreaking for the new building is expected to occur near the middle of the year, or soon after.

Half of the 240,000 square foot building will be occupied by a major tenant, which is rumored to be IBM workers who are working under a contract with Visteon. The glass building will have two ground floor retail spaces of 7,500 and 4,000 square feet, with entrances on Griswold & Woodward.

Read More: http://www.crainsdetroit.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=5716

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D So it is going to happen. That's good news, but I'd prefer is they restored one of our already abandoned buildings, but any tenants coming to Detroit is good news. Hopefully this building will blend with the nice architecture that is in CMart. Well that is the nice stuff, not the Bank One Building lol

Hamilton Anderson was the lead design firm for Kern Woodward Associates (KWA), the developer that was awarded the contract for redeveloping the Campus Martius mixed-use district on five city blocks surrounding the high profile intersection of Woodward, Michigan, Monroe, Fort and Cadillac Square.

Campus Martius Park is the centerpiece of this five-block, 9.2-acre, mixed-use development project. A unified streetscape design will help to support pedestrian movement and safety around the Park. The new Compuware World Headquarters anchors the plan for Campus Martius and provides unprecedented synergy to the area. (The building is now completed) Adjacent to the Park, the planned Kennedy Building will feature restaurants and 11 stories of Class A office space. Plans for the Monroe Block will support office and entertainment retail tenants while the Woodward Building (site of the former Hudson Department Store) will contain a hotel, residential lofts and street level retail.

http://www.hamilton-anderson.com/es/day.html

post-557-1112218243_thumb.jpg

post-557-1112218243_thumb.jpg

I don't like the design for the Kennedy Block that is shown in that group of renderings.  I hope they make some much-needed improvements to the design.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those renderings of the buildings in those images were only suggested designs. i don't think the Kennedy building is going to be that big of a box. :lol:

I was just on that architect firm's website. Two buildings planned for Monroe Block. OH YEA! If only Monroe Block had construction starting on it. Sooner or later they are going to have to build an underground parking garage somewhere under Monroe Block unless they share parking with Compuware. Which I highly doubt.

Hamilton Anderson was hired to design the master plan for C-Mart, but not necessarily each individual building. Also, the plans have changed since the descriptions were written, and I'm sure they will continue to evolve as the city evolves.

I agree with you rbdetsport. Mostly because the C-mart has the urban canyon/wall effect going almost all the way around, except for the Monroe lot. I know it is a much larger site than what this developer needs. Either way, I'm glad to see not only see a new building, but more jobs going into downtown!

Not to keep picking, but what's an unofficial newspaper? lol

I'm sure this thing's going to be built, but very little if anything is official yet. It's not official until REDICO and/or the City says so, and really not until the two hold the official ground-breaking.

Well LMICH, You said that it will be official when they have the ceremony. Well the Port Authority Terminal had its "Official" groundbreaking ceremony, but right now all there that has been done is some moving of dirt and big piles of supplies. No building, Not ready for the MLB All Star Game.

What does the Port Authority have to do with the Reidco Building? The Port Authority Terminal will begin construction once things thaw out.

And I'm sick of hearing about the All Star game and the Super Bowl. Enough already!

And I'm sick of hearing about the All Star game and the Super Bowl.  Enough already!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you better get used to it because the events are getting closer and closer and they are important for our city's image. GET USED TO IT! I'm sick of people bashing me , but I am dealing with it so why don't you deal with it..... When I said official I wasn't going against Crain's, alright.

Hey, rb, the truth is you post on every little thing often times with things that have nothing to do with the issue. Calm down, and try to start posting with discretion, which means thinking before you post instead of replying to every single thread with little to nothing to say.

Hey, rb, the truth is you post on every little thing often times with things that have nothing to do with the issue.  Calm down, and try to start posting with discretion, which means thinking before you post instead of replying to every single thread with little to nothing to say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, what he said!

Archived