Ann Arbor Photo of the Day

wolverine

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to see people's reaction on my last picture. No, it's not burning down, but it sure looks like it. Those windows face Palmer field, and across fromt that is Huron Ave which goes directly west. When the sun sets, it aligns well with Huron, and casts this powerful glow on Lloyd Hall. So the reflections are a very intense orange color. It does this a lot.

Llyod is set for a renovation, a fire might have made them start sooner LOL.

It used to be a hotel, but as LMich mentioned, I believe it is now senior / low income housing. This kind of makes me wonder why it failed. I don't think it's because of demand, because there are small off-name hotels around the city that are doing just fine. I'm wondering if it was because it was in bad condition inside?? It would be pretty sweet if we got a huge downtown hotel.

I just had to post this. It's a panorama of Ann Arbor I found on Flickr. The photographer is gsgeorge (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gsgeorge/)

25769318_335b4b945a_b.jpg

The black-and-white by night makes it look huge.

That does look huge. But now, after looking at some skyling pics I'm even more confused as to Ann Arbors layout. If its not too much, could someone outline where everything is on a map?

Hood, I think I have excellent aerial photos of Ann Arbor that should help you find out where everything is. I'll post them right when I find them.

Here some others, although they are really outdated because we've gained quite a few midrise buildings since these were taken. These photos do not show downtown Ann Arbor, the ones I have show the whole city.

http://www.plantext.bf.umich.edu/plantext/...apsCentral.html

Here's two photos of Palmer Field:

The first is the Right to Life Event

125397137_262672e8eb_b.jpg

The next day (today) it was announced that $224,200 was raised!

And a view of the Venturi Buildings at sunrise

125398812_1938e09f96_b.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out why the closest building, which has a footprint the size of a large suburban home, has such a huge mechancial penthouse. Each building on the complex has it's own air handling units. I'm wondering if its an extension of the steam plant behind it or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

14 stories max, but only in certain areas. It would be difficult for anything higher to get approved. But it appears the city is starting to lean towards more highrise development than before. Things have gotten too crowded, and the only way the downtown can grow is to go upward.