Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_sandlapper

Best entertainment options in Columbia

Best place to hang out in Columbia   10 members have voted

1. 1. Best place to hang out in Columbia

• The Vista
    • 5points
    • Main St.
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Considering Columbia's size the city has quite a few options for evening entertainment. Which area of the city do you prefer for entertainment options? The Vista is the new urban professional district, 5points is USC's stomping ground, Main St. has a few destinations few and far in between. One of my favorite clubs in Columbia is Rio Nightlife because of its urban feel, good mixed crowd with good music and a dress code, (not for kids, thugs, or wannabe thugs) just a good overall vibe. What do you prefer for a night on the town in Columbia?

I like the Vista. It's got a good mix of gay and straight clubs (like I go out much anymore anyway, lol) and lots of great restaurants. My favorite places are the Art Bar, the Blue Martini, Motor Supply Company, Bull Market and the Alley Cafe.

Have you ever been to Rust? That's a cool place.

The Rhino Room is an awsome restaurant. Its alittle pricey, but its worth it if you want a great meal.

I am not particularly partial to either area. For the moment I prefer the Vista. The construction around 5 points is very frustrating.

I do like the Rhino Room, too. It's alot like a Rathskeller with it being in the basement of the Dupre Building.

No I haven't, Iv'e seen it though what's it like in there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its pretty contemporary/urban looking. It has a "metallic" theme. Check out the 2nd floor bathroom.. its awesome! They have a house DJ and sometimes have guest DJs too.

The drinks are a little pricey but they have a lot of good stuff. It's a whisky bar BTW but of course they do have other things.

Its pretty contemporary/urban looking.  It has a "metallic" theme.  Check out the 2nd floor bathroom..  its awesome!  They have a house DJ and sometimes have guest DJs too.

The drinks are a little pricey but they have a lot of good stuff.  It's a whisky bar BTW but of course they do have other things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds like Rust you were talking about....

Iv'e been to the blue martini, what's the motor supply company like?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Motor Supply Company is a cool little bistro on Gervais Street, right next to Rust and Carol Saunders. They serve an eclectic mix of food and they have a Thai Sunday brunch. (if they still have it)

That sounds like Rust you were talking about....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is. That's what I was talking about in my first post in this thread.

It is.  That's what I was talking about in my first post in this thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I must have missed that one.

There is a jazz bar in 5points that I like too. There are two locations of it, one is a jazz bar the other is an Irish Pub It's called Mc Dougals or something?

Since I don't live there anymore what's the live music scene like in those areas?