April's Providence Monthly

Cotuit

Very interesting AriPVD. I have long wondered about that building. I would love to see Cornish Associates take over that Old Providence Journal Building. I would think if it were setup for a newspapper it would transform into perfect housing on whatever scale.

I would also be happy to see that shady nightclub, underage bar to be kicked out.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "city cuts" building youre referring to is the Old Providence Journal Building, owned by the same delinquent landlord that holds the Lapham Building and the Kresgey Building next door.  His name is Pierre De Bourghenechkt (sp?) and he lives in Boston and Europe. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have I heard that the Lapham bldg is on the market?!?

Last summer, when we went on a tour of the building, he wanted something close to $2.8 mil. Buff was pretty interested but he's focusing his energy on Peerless/Grants Block for now. I'd love to see someone reputable get their hands on it. I think it would make great artist studios because a full rehab would be very expensive. I spoke to someone at ArtSpace about it but he said they were looking at something else in PVD.

I spoke to someone at ArtSpace about it but he said they were looking at something else in PVD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No kidding... cool. I have bene in touch with them, and I love their work, but they need a lot of finacing up front, so I can imagine it is difficult to work with them.

Archived