Favorite SC Highrise/Tower?

Hybrid0NE

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In any SC city it is a highrise. It will be at - or very near - the top of the list for best highrise architectural design in SC. Both day and night will provide spectacular views from many different angles. Similar could be said of the Pinnacle on Main and The Camperdown, once they are completed. Each of these new highrises will be delightful additions to downtown Greenville. :shades:

In any SC city it is a highrise. It will be at - or very near - the top of the list for best highrise architectural design in SC. Both day and night will provide spectacular views from many different angles. Similar could be said of the Pinnacle on Main and The Camperdown, once they are completed. Each of these new highrises will be delightful additions to downtown Greenville. :shades:

lol skyliner you need to be a promoter. I read on greenvilleonline that it's only 12 stories. so it might not be visable from too many places. If you look at the parking garage picture above and add 3 more levels to it and there you have it 12 stories.

Let's just say it won't be very vertical.

It will be quite vertical actually. The lobby and spa floors are extremely high. It has a tall spire. More vertical I dare say than any building in the last several years in any SC city......except Myrtle Beach. But with the amount of luxury being packed into this place, it could be a one story, 10 foot high ranch and it would be spectacular. :lol::lol: It's all about the quality. :yahoo:

One word will describe the other SC cities once The Peacock Hotel & Spa is completed; "Jealous." :P

It will make a more dramatic impact on the skyline than these Columbia-only boosters know. The two spires will scream "vertical," whether the building height does or not - and I am sure it will be an enviously high structure even without the spires. :D

Gsupstate, you are completely correct. This will be quality unlike any other in the city, and likely to be one-of-a-kind in this state. Quality is never measured in height or size, but rather overall impact. This will not go wrong. :D

One word will describe the other SC cities once The Peacock Hotel & Spa is completed; "Jealous." :P

It will make a more dramatic impact on the skyline than these Columbia-only boosters know. The two spires will scream "vertical," whether the building height does or not - and I am sure it will be an enviously high structure even without the spires. :D

Gsupstate, you are completely correct. This will be quality unlike any other in the city, and likely to be one-of-a-kind in this state. Quality is never measured in height or size, but rather overall impact. This will not go wrong. :D

u guys got to be kidding me. we have gotten our two new towers since 2000. and both towers we've gotten were over 12 stories. :rofl: yall are only trying to catch up to the pace there is no need for jealously. i can't believe you all are acting like this over a freaking baby 12 story tower. i can only image what will happen if you ever getting anything taller than the south trust tower. wow.... i can tell a tower hasn't been built there in a decade .

u guys got to be kidding me. we have gotten our two new towers since 2000. and both towers we've gotten were over 12 stories. :rofl: yall are only trying to catch up to the pace there is no need for jealously. i can't believe you all are acting like this over a freaking baby 12 story tower. i can only image what will happen if you ever getting anything taller than the south trust tower. wow.... i can tell a tower hasn't been built there in a decade .

That's right. Those TWO (thats 2) new "towers" in Columbia are friggin huge!!!! I'm gonna come down and base jump off the top floor (that would be the floor up in the clouds, is the top 14 or 15, I forget). Never seen such tall towers in my life!!! Manhattan, watch out! :lol::lol::lol:

That's right. Those TWO (thats 2) new "towers" in Columbia are friggin huge!!!! I'm gonna come down and base jump off the top floor (that would be the floor up in the clouds, is the top 14 or 15, I forget). Never seen such tall towers in my life!!! Manhattan, watch out! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey, say what you want .. We got 2 in the last 5 yrs. all i'm saying is there's no way we are jealous. Did they stop making towers when they made the meridian and the newly bank head quarters tower we got last year???? anyway just for the record the meridan is 17stories and the bank is 14 thank you :shades:

And you wouldn't be thrilled by news of a new 12-story structure in Columbia? Hello! :P:lol:

Honestly, we are as thrilled as you would imagine anyone could be after such a long drought in the highrise department. It is exciting to finally see something actually come to fruition. The hotel and spa will be much more than a typical highrise though. It is not everyday a city like Greenville has the opportunity to build a 5-star hotel, much less one with $1-2 Million condominiums on top. We have plenty of million-dollar condos in downtown, but these will be taken to a new level - literally. Yes, we are very excited, as you'd expect.

And you wouldn't be thrilled by news of a new 12-story structure in Columbia? Hello! :P:lol:

Honestly, we are as thrilled as you would imagine anyone could be after such a long drought in the highrise department. It is exciting to finally see something actually come to fruition. The hotel and spa will be much more than a typical highrise though. It is not everyday a city like Greenville has the opportunity to build a 5-star hotel, much less one with $1-2 Million condominiums on top. We have plenty of million-dollar condos in downtown, but these will be taken to a new level - literally. Yes, we are very excited, as you'd expect.

to be honest i wouldn't..... and the only reason i say this b/c when i visit other cities their towers are 30 plus. So anything that's not over 30 stories i'm ususally dissapointed b/c we have nothing like that in s.c.

Hey, say what you want .. We got 2 in the last 5 yrs. all i'm saying is there's no way we are jealous. Did they stop making towers when they made the meridian and the newly bank head quarters tower we got last year???? anyway just for the record the meridan is 17stories and the bank is 14 thank you :shades:

Come on now boys.....lets be honest about size. The only new "bank headquarters" as you say, is First Citizens (maybe there is one I don't know about), and it's 9 floors. Both their website and this photo on Wikipedia show it. It must be one of those new rubber type buildings that's able to stretch. :lol::lol:

http://www.firstcitizensonline.com/index.h...pr_new_hQ.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia,_South_Carolina

to be honest i wouldn't..... and the only reason i say this b/c when i visit other cities their towers are 30 plus. So anything that's not over 30 stories i'm ususally dissapointed b/c we have nothing like that in s.c.

And yet you were excited about the new First Citizen's Bank tower, right? That is a beautiful tower, but at, or below 10-stories, correct?

lol skyliner you need to be a promoter. I read on greenvilleonline that it's only 12 stories. so it might not be visable from too many places. If you look at the parking garage picture above and add 3 more levels to it and there you have it 12 stories.

Parking garage floors don't have the height that an inhabitable building would have. The other tower that is going to start soon, will also be 12 or 14 stories. It's going to be as tall as the Liberty One tower in the picture, which is 17.

Anyway, It's going to be a great addition to the "left out" part of the skyline and will provide great density to the South Main area of the City Center. oh yea and it's going to create MORE great street level activity...

It's just good to see that an announced tower (whether considerd to be a mid- or high-rise) in Greenville has broken ground, as there has been some stalling in that department lately. It would be a great addition to any of our city's skylines. Hell, I just want Rock Hill to get a downtown hotel period, LOL.

The pinnacle will be the same height as the barcode bank of america building, so it will stick out pretty good in the skyline. To bad the tower at falls and broad got cancelled. I still want to see something over 400 ft in south carolina.

I think it will be a cool looking tower and could be one of the nicer highrises in SC, but jealous, nah.

It's just good to see that an announced tower (whether considerd to be a mid- or high-rise) in Greenville has broken ground, as there has been some stalling in that department lately. It would be a great addition to any of our city's skylines. Hell, I just want Rock Hill to get a downtown hotel period, LOL.

right, no jealousy, props to Greenville for getting it. Meridian would look great anywhere, so would Peacock from that rendering. First Citizens is great but mostly because it fits in so well in its spot...it's not overpowering in height, but it has style.

Landmark tower is a brutalist skyscraper masterpiece. it would fit right in anywhere behind the Iron Curtain or as a supervillains' headquarters. it is possibly the most evil, badass looking tower in the southeast...although Wachovia in Columbia with its sharp angles is also a good contender, but it's not brutalist enough.

Landmark tower is a brutalist skyscraper masterpiece. it would fit right in anywhere behind the Iron Curtain or as a supervillains' headquarters. it is possibly the most evil, badass looking tower in the southeast...although Wachovia in Columbia with its sharp angles is also a good contender, but it's not brutalist enough.

:rofl: Haha, it looks worse now without a name at the top to break up the facade.

Silly Carolinians. How about celebrating when someone breaks the 349 foot cap? In other news Atlanta breaks ground on it's GAGILINTH 500 footer! :yahoo:

P.S. Just kidding, it's good to see ANY kind of vertical development anywhere is South Carolina. I feared the whole state would drown in low density sprawl.

Archived