Favorite SC Highrise/Tower?

Hybrid0NE

Thats kinda cool. Denny's has seen a major turn around in the poast few years. It would be really cool if they could continue to grow and perhaps build that sister tower to the current one :D

The Music on Main in the summer is a great thing. I highly reccomend it!

BTW- welcome to the forum jmwspg! We're always glad to have another Spartan in the mix ;)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, just a little bit of knowledge about the tenants, and some smooth-talking bulls**t will get you to the top. the view from the 24th floor of the Daniel Bldg in Greenville really nice. ;) Usually being a computer tech from Dell or IBM will get you in too. I even get to use vendor parking at the Daniel. :)

Actually, just a little bit of knowledge about the tenants, and some smooth-talking bulls**t will get you to the top. the view from the 24th floor of the Daniel Bldg in Greenville really nice. ;) Usually being a computer tech from Dell or IBM will get you in too. I even get to use vendor parking at the Daniel. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should elaborate more, does the Daniel Bldg have neurotic security stationed in front of their elevators also? I think I'll try again at Meridian, Bank of America Plaza or Palmetto Center; since those are the three tallest here without private clubs on the summit floors.

My hometown has that exact idea of a restaurant on the top floor of the Holiday Inn overlooking the Ashley River and DT. It is called Harborview Restaurant, and it has awesome views of the Charleston skyline. I'm going to go there a couple of weeks from now, and I'll have pictures.

Here is a link for pictures of the hotel: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/h.../2/pt?ptLink=hd

My favorite high-rise/tower is not yet built, but it will be before too long. There will be GREAT interest in this structure across the state, Southeast, and even the nation. For those who would like to see it in another city, I'm sorry to have to say that it will be located in the Greenville skyline. :D I'll say no more...

Greenville in my opinion was, is, and always will be the greatest city on earth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG. Damn, those terrorists finally managed to wipe New York City, London and Paris right off the face of the planet. I guess I should've been watching the news more.

P.S. just kidding...

Greenville in my opinion was, is, and always will be the greatest city on earth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I'm all for folks loving where they live and being full of civic pride, but you may be taking it a bit far. While Greenville is a fine city, I'll take Berlin or London as the greatest.

Back on topic: the Palmetto Building in Cola is perhaps one of the most beautiful early skyscrapers in the South. Thank God it's been taken care of over the years!

Back on topic:  the Palmetto Building in Cola is perhaps one of the most beautiful early skyscrapers in the South.  Thank God it's been taken care of over the years!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Palmetto Building was in serious danger of being torn down in the early '80's when the Palmetto Center was first proposed. Thankfully, it was saved, as it is my pick for best skyscraper was well.

Okay, maybe I got a little carried away when I called Greenville the greatest city on Earth. I know its not but that doesn't make me love it any less. Back to the subject at hand though. I would have to go out on a limb here and say the Poinsette Plaza building is my favorite simply because it looks a lot less like an eyesore than some in Greenville, it always catches my eye driving home through downtown. I love the Landmark (Daniel)building too.

I believe that if the Gateway site is ever developed it'll become my favorite. My belief is that they know for it to be the "Prime" spot they're not gonna let us high rise lovers down, it COULD be a sight to behold, I only hope it's nothing below, I wanna say 20 stories, but I'm going to be realistic here and say nothing under 15. 30 would be awsome :D , I'm banking on atleast 15 though.

That was the premise for my "greatest city on Earth" comment. Enough kicking a dead horse from me, on to the subject. It seems that just in the last year or so, as far as high rises goes, its really picked up. I don't think I have ever seen a lull in activity downtown. A city on the move, and theres nowhere to go but up.

Archived