Favorite SC Highrise/Tower?

Hybrid0NE

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the name of the highrise near 5pts with the spinning top? That's a pretty neat tower. I don't think there's any of it's kind out side of Columbia.

You're thinking of Capstone House with the rotating restaurant at the top. I think Capstone looks awesome at night with it lit up in gold at the top with white lighting below that.

You're thinking of Capstone House with the rotating restaurant at the top. I think Capstone looks awesome at night with it lit up in gold at the top with white lighting below that.

It's funny because Columbia has high rises that are not normally seen in any of the skyline pictures. Especially the one's behing USC. I

Was the light trim also there or was it added?

I thought it was, but over the past weekend it seemed brighter or something. I mentioned it to one of my friends who told me it always had the lights, so i figured maybe they changed the bulbs for homecoming :rofl: at any rate, it seems like the night view of the skyline keeps getting better and brighter. I really could like to see a tall tower with a alot of lights (ala BoA ATL,CLT) at the top. :whistling:

I like looking at the city when i ride over the portion of I-20 that goes over farrow road. You an catch a few of the skyline lights on a clear night. :shok: A new tallest tower with bright lights would really make the view greater.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Meridian - i've been to the top and on the roof (when construction was almost done.)

2. Palmetto Building - classy

3. People's Office Building in Charleston - great detailing, and i don't think it even has a steel skeleton?

4. Capstone

5. Wilbur Smith - the brown/black monolithic box in Columbia

runner up: Wachovia in Columbia - so angular and menacing (the proper name is "Capitol something..." it's the one that SCANA's moving out of.

other runner up - the tallest box in Greenville

That's the same rendering released at the first announcement of the building back in July. So, it probably has changed if there's a more recent rendering.

No one knows exactly how tall it will be. The website for the condos have 'views' that are very rough in approx height. So, I can't answer your question but you can check out the views here: 98EastMcBee.com

That's the same rendering released at the first announcement of the building back in July. So, it probably has changed if there's a more recent rendering.

No one knows exactly how tall it will be. The website for the condos have 'views' that are very rough in approx height. So, I can't answer your question but you can check out the views here: 98EastMcBee.com

Greenville Online today, has a photo series from the groundbreaking that was held at noon. Knox White was there along with the developers. So great to see it's official. :yahoo:

The Peacock Hotel and Spa is breaking ground today in downtown Greenville. From the pictures I've seen, I have a feeling that when it's complete, it could become my favorite highrise in SC. Here's a glance:

hotel.jpg

This is a very attractive site.

Archived