Downtown Sanford

sanford32

This weekend is Downtown Sanford re-opening of First Street after a year of renovation. I just moved to the area and love it's quaint downtown and Historic District. Their are lots of shops a few bars and sidewalk resturants. Currently their are two condo projects underway. One of the projects is called Gateway at Riverwalk it's a 17 million project that consist of condo/townhouses. The other project will have loft syle condos with private garages and retail below starting around $300,000. Sanford is still rough around the edges but changes are happening very fast.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weekend is Downtown Sanford re-opening of First Street after a year of renovation. I just moved to the area and love it's quaint downtown and Historic District. Their are lots of shops a few bars and sidewalk resturants. Currently their are two condo projects underway. One of the projects is called Gateway at Riverwalk it's a 17 million project that consist of condo/townhouses. The other project will have loft syle condos with private garages and retail below starting around $300,000. Sanford is still rough around the edges but changes are happening very fast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know who is developing Gateway at Riverwalk?

Do you know who is developing Gateway at Riverwalk?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suncor Properties is the developer. I forgot to mention that it's considered mix use developement. The retail that sits in front of the project overlooks the Riverwalk and the St Johns River are almost finished.

I'm in Sanford, too. I've always thought the city's downtown had a lot of potential. The homes in the surrounding neighborhoods are diamonds in the rough, IMO.

The First Street renovation looks great.

BTW, there used to be a place called The Red Bar, or something like that. Is it still around?

It's called Alley now and it's a nice blues bar. They just opened a dance club called the First Street Lounge. There is also an Irish pub called the Emerald Hen and The Blue Dahia it's a bistro/jazz club. On the second Thursday of every month Sanford has an event called Sanford After Dark. All the shops and art studios stay open until 11:00p.m. In the local paper it stated that last month event has drawn 4,000 people downtown.

• 3 weeks later...

It's called Alley now and it's a nice blues bar. They just opened a dance club called the First Street Lounge. There is also an Irish pub called the Emerald Hen and The Blue Dahia it's a bistro/jazz club. On the second Thursday of every month Sanford has an event called Sanford After Dark. All the shops and art studios stay open until 11:00p.m. In the local paper it  stated that last month event has drawn 4,000 people downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In todays Seminole Herald editoral section it states that Phil Rampy is purchasing property around downtown Sanford. Word is Rampy is looking to build a townhouse project. The location he has chosen is one block away from the MUD that is being built by John Guilliani and Maria Shreve at the northwest corner of 3rd Street and Palmetto Ave.Work has already started on the Gulliani and Shreve project with the demolition of the old auto repair shop. I knew Rampy was behind all the trendy people and their cars that have inhabited downtown lately.

Archived