IDA conference

okinawatyphoon

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just visited DowntownNorfolk.org and I saw that Norfolk is hosting the Internation Downtown Association conference in May. It looks really interesting and there is a PDF brochure about it here: IDA brochure

Is anyone going?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, do you realize how big of a deal this is?! That is a pretty heavy duty conference and they don't choose host cities lightly. I knew Norfolk was raising it's profile but i didn't know they were drawing attention like this! I don't know if i'll be attending this however.......Well, maybe i'll make it to the beer festival :whistling: .

On a side note, I'm sure they have to announce the Hilton before this conference occurs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sure hope so 'cause I'll go crazy if they decide to wait and make the announcement at that conference instead (it's good marketing and propaganda but everyone around here has waited TOO long already).

I sure hope so 'cause I'll go crazy if they decide to wait and make the announcement at that conference instead (it's good marketing and propaganda but everyone around here has waited TOO long already).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually may be attending this conference. We'll see if my employer offers to assist with the costs.

Wow, do you realize how big of a deal this is?! That is a pretty heavy duty conference and they don't choose host cities lightly. I knew Norfolk was raising it's profile but i didn't know they were drawing attention like this!  I don't know if i'll be attending this however.......Well, maybe i'll make it to the beer festival  :whistling:  .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First USA Today makes everyone in America aware of Downtown Norfolk's growth and comeback, but now the Internation Downtown Association?! Does that mean the international community knows about Norfolk now!? All I think about now is how I would laugh at anyone who tries to joke or degrade our downtown for not being a real or worthy downtown. EAT DAT HATERZ !!! :P

• 1 month later...

The mayor will give a keynote address and overview of development in Norfolk on Sunday Morning. It irritates to no end that the media has mentioned nothing about this conference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I won't be around. .are you planning on watching Vdogg?

I won't be around. .are you planning on watching Vdogg?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know if i'll be able to. I really want to go though cause i'm afraid if they say something important the media won't pick it up.

Lets see....It should be about 5pm or so in Virginia. Any news on the conference?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't heard a thing but then again i haven't really been watching tv today either. Our best chance for any tidbit of news will probably be either norfolk.gov's website or tommorrows pilot. I hope they covered it.

Archived