COMPLETE: Hotel Dolce Villa

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

So I was looking through the website at pictures of the rooms. I think the whole white on white thing looks kind of rediculous. Its not a bad idea unto itself, but the execution just seems off. Also, the in suite kitchens look tacky. The cabinets look like off the shelf Home Depot cheapies with low end "hey I have some stainless steel" cheap appliances. Hell, if they wanted cheap they could have gotten cabinets at IKEA that at least look sleek and modern even if they are the same price as the Home Depot junk.

Liam

So I was looking through the website at pictures of the rooms. I think the whole white on white thing looks kind of rediculous. Its not a bad idea unto itself, but the execution just seems off. Also, the in suite kitchens look tacky. The cabinets look like off the shelf Home Depot cheapies with low end "hey I have some stainless steel" cheap appliances. Hell, if they wanted cheap they could have gotten cabinets at IKEA that at least look sleek and modern even if they are the same price as the Home Depot junk.

Liam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, it's nice, but it's not luxurious. The white on white would really make me feel uncomfortable as a guest. What are they going to do in the winter when guests are tracking in slushy, salty, muddy snow?

I agree, it's nice, but it's not luxurious. The white on white would really make me feel uncomfortable as a guest. What are they going to do in the winter when guests are tracking in slushy, salty, muddy snow?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like someone saw a picture of a swanky white on white hotel in Europe and had this "Hell, even I could do that" attitude, then attempted to recreate it all with stuff from HomeDepot and no assistance from a designer. They would have been better off just decorating traditionally.

Liam

Well put Liam, although I'm not sure it was a European white on white hotel. My money's on a hospital. I realize that my taste isn't the same as everyone else's but I can't imagine paying to stay in such a sterile environment. Do you think they take Blue Cross / Blue Shield? :rofl:

Archived