Newport News-Williamsburg International Airport

Merrittk92

May not mean a damn thing but I was at the NN airport last night to pick up my father (just got back from Africa ..."africa?!" you say? well of course! everyone know's about the Newport News-Johannesburg direct flight ... lol :rofl: ) and I was sauntering around and came across the entranceway to the portion of the terminal that is supposed to eventually be the entrance to the new concourse that will be built soon. I peeked inside and to my surprise (and bewilderment) was a box sitting, among a bunch of other stuff, bearing the seal of none other than JetBlue. JETBLUE.

I didn't know what to think of it and I still don't. Maybe it's just someone's luggage that was sent over after they switched carrier ... but I don't think so. I'm crossing my fingers that it is a sign that JetBlue will eventually come to NN!

:rolleyes:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How big is this airline anyways?

AWAC is the largest privately held regional airline in the United States. AWAC also had the longest Express carrier relationship with United, which began in 1985.

More than 3,700 people make up the AWAC team.

Founded in 1965, AWAC schedules more than 500 departures per day to 73 cities in 28 states and three Canadian provinces. As United Express, it feeds United Airlines at Chicago, Denver and Washington

AWAC is the largest privately held regional airline in the United States. AWAC also had the longest Express carrier relationship with United, which began in 1985.

More than 3,700 people make up the AWAC team.

Founded in 1965, AWAC schedules more than 500 departures per day to 73 cities in 28 states and three Canadian provinces. As United Express, it feeds United Airlines at Chicago, Denver and Washington

• 1 month later...

To add the tie-breaking vote and to be the on-topic prude that I am :lol: I will say that it is preferable that a post in a particular city or regions thread have something to do with that area. While wrldcoupe may be generally right it is not at all apparent from Burts post that it had something to do with this area and had I seen it before everyone else I probably would have moved it. It is no big deal, and Burt, You know we love you over here. :) Now everyone, lets try and stay on topic and not hijack eachothers threads and maybe I won't have to put that electric fence up between the Richmond and HR forums I've been thinking about :rofl: . Everyone is welcome to participate in every part of the forum but please try and focus on the particular issues in that forum.

• 2 months later...

Archived