Mid-rise concrete?

IHateCoolSprings

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are any of the new urban mid-rise apartment developments built of all concrete like 5th and Main? (I know 5th and Main is condo.) I was disappointed to see that Pine Street Lofts was built of wood. That tall and built of wood? Doesn't sound good to me.

Elliston 23 is all concrete so far, I don't know much about construction; will the walls be filled in with wood?

I do think concrete is a wonderful building material, quiet, no neighbor noise, no sagging, no rotting, no termites, lasts millenia. I find it beautiful but some disagree.

Elliston 23 is all concrete so far, I don't know much about construction; will the walls be filled in with wood?

I do think concrete is a wonderful building material, quiet, no neighbor noise, no sagging, no rotting, no termites, lasts millenia. I find it beautiful but some disagree.

How could I forget Elliston 23? You could also add 1101 18th. However, normally any building over 4 stories is concrete. Wood can only hold so much weight. Some stick frame buildings do have some steel placed in some load bearing walls.

Who developed and built 1101 18th? I just saw that building for the first time last weekend. I didn't even know it was there. I was on that street to look at the new Core Development apartment building, which I think looks fantastic. If Core built their buildings out of concrete they would be perfect.

Who developed and built 1101 18th? I just saw that building for the first time last weekend. I didn't even know it was there. I was on that street to look at the new Core Development apartment building, which I think looks fantastic. If Core built their buildings out of concrete they would be perfect.

That building irks me so much. It's a great design, but what is it that faces the street? A giant garage door. It's like an art museum taking a beautiful painting and then hanging with the picture side facing the wall. It could've been such a fantastic urban building were it not for this one simple and obvious design oversight.

Martin Heflin of the M2H Group developed 110118th (and 807 18th and assisted in the rehabbing of the Stahlman Building). Marty is a class gentleman. I agree, however, on 1101's entrance on 18th. Awkward. Also, I'm not a fan of the yellow stucco. Still, I like the building's overall shape and some of the specific forms and materials. The units (though very traditional) are nice.

WW

Archived