The World

sunshine

capt.ny19003311442.fantasy_islands_ny190.jpg

This image issued by the Nakheel development company in Dubai, on Dec. 1, 2004, shows an impression of 'The World Project' by Nakheel which will consist of 300 islands positioned to form the shape of the world which has been started 4 kms (2.5 miles) offshore from Dubai in Gulf waters and supposed to be finished as the most exclusive project in United Arab Emirates by 2008. (AP Photo/Nakheel, File)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had read about this but had not seen the photo. Thanks! I could not imagine how they would build this, but now I see. The purpose is to allow individuals to buy an island. You buy an island and build a house on it. For example, you could buy "California" or "Paris" or "Florida" and it would be your private getaway. Not sure if prohobition against liquor, etc. is enforceable on an island...they may be big party palaces. I bet a yacht ride thru the canals would be amazing. I am ready to go now!

GRguy

Archived