Most overrated player in Football?

peaceloveunderstanding

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to say Vick is the most overrated player in football. He can't even throw the ball, and in 4 years he will too old to run every down and he essentially will become worthless. A waste of 100 million by the Falcons.

When you are the 2nd leading rusher on your team, and the defence of opposing teams chages there sceme week in and week out.

902 yrds rushing

2313 passing yrds

allthough his TD to INT ratio is not that good,.. he is still one of the best at his position,...

lol. All I have to say about Vick is look how will he did against the Eagles. The man is overrated. He is not the best at his postition. I would pick Brady over him ANY day. He also is a twig, he gets injured too much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course anyone would take Brady, but to say Vick is overrated is crazy. He carries the team on his back. Just look at the numbers:

2004 record 11-5

2003 record 5-11 (3-1 with Vick, 2-10 without him)

If Vick played with the talent that Brady does, he'd have a couple rings by now.

Vick has to be in the top 2 just because of his ungodly salary now.

My personal pick though (and I know I'll get heat on this one) would be Mr. Eagles himself lol. Nicollete's regret might be a good name for him. lol.

Come on....McNabb too? 4 straight conference title games and 1 superbowl appearance. What more does he have to do?

This is the current top 10 QB's today

1) T. Brady

2) D. McNabb

3) P. Manning

4) M. Vick

5) C. Pennington

6) D. Brees

7) D. Culpepper

8) D. Carr

9) B. Roethlisberger

10) B. Farve

win. He will not be a quarterback that is remebered for all time like say Bradshaw, Young, or Montana.

This is the current top 10 QB's today

1) T. Brady - The best right now i agree

2) D. McNabb - Not so super

3) P. Manning - Should be higher

4) M. Vick - My feelings are allready known. Maybe he could be the 31st best quarterback

5) C. Pennington - Streaky but sometimes good... not top 5

6) D. Brees - Good year but will he be consistent?

7) D. Culpepper - Agree

8) D. Carr x- ?

9) B. Roethlisberger x - Just has good team

10) B. Farve - His days are almost over

You forgot to mention better quarterbacks like Delhomme, Green, Bulger, and a quarterback who I don't like Plummer.

To me , it's a tie. it's TO,Peerless Price, and Randy Moss.

TO:He is overrated becuse he contributed a large part to why the Eagles lost.McNabb was already stressed and nervous enough, and TO kept saying "Why didn't you pass to me?That was my ball!!!".McNabb was smart not to pass to TO that much because if he did, TO would be in a hospital right now with an ended career.

Price:When you're QB is the second leading rusher in the league, it questions your skills as WR.i'm not saying Price sucks, but he really didn't do as much as he should have.

Moss:That's self-explanitory.I hope you like Oakland, Randy!!!

Of course anyone would take Brady, but to say Vick is overrated is crazy. He carries the team on his back. Just look at the numbers:

2004 record 11-5

2003 record 5-11 (3-1 with Vick, 2-10 without him)

If Vick played with the talent that Brady does, he'd have a couple rings by now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup! When Vick got hurt, the Falcons went down the crapper. When Vick was healthy, they won. Simple as that. He's not overrated for the Falcons, they need him.

I agree with Warren Sapp. Michael Strahan he will never be.

I think that Mcnair is pretty darn good. I assure you hes much better than David Carr. Vick is really good and really hard to stop. McNabb is the most overrated. I also think that Rothlessburger was really overrated this year. I admit that he had a great year for a rookie, but first look at the mosterous line he had, second look at his revievers. Plax and Ward a both amazing recievers. He is deffinently a step above maddox though.

Vick has to be in the top 2 just because of his ungodly salary now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is Vick's salary that outragous?

2000 avg. game attendance 52,538 year prior to Vick's arrival

2004 avg. game attendance 70,603

So since he's been there attendance is +18,065 per game.

Avg. 2004 ticket price was $43.71

$ 789,621 = total increased revenue/game

$ 800,000 = Vicks salary/game

$ -10,379

With avg. 2005 ticket price increased to $52.00

$ 939,380 = revenue/game

$ 800,000 = salary/game

$+139,380 - the Falcons will be making money just on the increased draw Vick provides.

This also doesn't take into account the huge increase in merchandise sales.

Finally, regular season games during Michael Vick's career:

24-12-1 with Vick

3-11 without Vick

He may not have the best numbers in the world, but in the words of Herm Edwards "hello, you play to win the game".

He could break you. And why is he fragile. Third, no one will catch him and if they do hell throw it away. The only people i see that are a big threat are fast lineman. Mainly Peppers who i think is one of the most underrated players considering how amazing he is.

Archived