Va. Beach misses the mark

urbanvb

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright, this has become depressing.  How are they planning on taking down the suntrust bank to build a skyscraper to connect to the armada hoffler building when a parkikng lot away, they are developing the kmart crap hole and dollar tree.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am very serious. I would love to add my signature to an email about how we feel.

alright, this has become depressing.  How are they planning on taking down the suntrust bank to build a skyscraper to connect to the armada hoffler building when a parkikng lot away, they are developing the kmart crap hole and dollar tree.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is depressing, and i don't have an answer for that one. I just don't understand what the deal is. And did anyone else notice how a few months ago they were talking about making the Hq property into a towncenter like development, and now this article comes by and says everything is up in the air? What the heck is going on?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:wacko: Maybe this is Va. Beach's idea of preserving "historic buildings". Now they want to have old buildings at their Town Center to have "character". Hold on, gotta take a tylenol, I just got sicker at the thought! :sick:

well, what are the chances the city buys the land from pembroke reality.  I think that is something that can be incorporated into the email.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good if they're serious about building a legacy as a progressive city council, rather than one that has failed in every aspect.

pm me a copy, i'll willingly toss my name on it. I think i'm gonna start one of my own now too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whatever you tell them, make sure you tell them that this isn't the way to preserve "historic" buildings in an attempt to give Town Center "character"

I've been watching your dialouge for a bit here and if I can put my two cents :) in, I see atleast two more developable blocks in the tower center. If they were to make the "road in front of Barnes&Noble, Planet Music and Bed, Bath, and Beyond a real street then square off the parking lot and retail were Chesapeake Bagel is, and the same with the Parking lot "block between Main st. and Columbus where the Scholtzky's is, you have two big prime lots, ripe for high rise development :)

There....I've given my two cents. Now I'm broke :)

Later,

Metalman

Too late for that. the thread just got 3 new pages because of all our rants!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but when he finishes the letter and makes the thread i'm just gonna move all these post over there. I don't want to do it yet, i'm gonna wait for him to get done first.

quick opinion pole, do you guys think it should be a long email explaining how i got the news and then stating our opinion or just get strait to the point in an angrier more complaining email?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stating your opinion and why is always best.. I would think.

quick opinion pole, do you guys think it should be a long email explaining how i got the news and then stating our opinion or just get strait to the point in an angrier more complaining email?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh and hey, dont forget the words 'further cheapen the image'.

Archived