Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

1 hour ago, boochops said:

Update on 2245 Mecklenburg according to Next Door: Red Cedar sold the option on the land to Classica Home Builders, who plan to continue with the 6-home project.

Here's the info they sent to neighbors.  

The neigborhood association and noculdesac.org organizers are planning a town hall meeting with the Mayor and neighbors and inviting Classica. Supposed to happen this month. 

link appears to be broken.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Niner National said:

Now if only they'd work on producing quality sweets. Their bread is fine, but their other stuff is almost Harris Teeter level these days.

It's the truth. I'm always disappointed when I opt for Nova's. It's doubly a shame since they're in the great old building, but even the sidewalk is uncomfortable to be on. Maybe if they got huge umbrellas or something? It could have used a tree well when they did the ped-scape overlay years ago.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

On April 21, 2016 at 1:34 PM, sakami said:

The correct spelling is actually culs-de-sac. One of those things I learned years ago and can't seem to look past. 

That's a shame, because 15 or so years ago, I really remember what a treat it was to go to Nova's. Has it just gone downhill or is my memory failing me (I honestly haven't been probably since then)?

On September 14, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Niner National said:

The building that used to house Lunchbox Records is about to undergo some changes. They're ripping the roof off and adding 6' to the height. The plan is to have office space on the top.

I could of sworn I saw a demolition company advertisement on the building. Good to see the building being saved. I find its facade simple but oddly attractive.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

New apartments going up at Central and Hawthorne on the old Reflections studio site sorry can't remember this community's name. Photo taken from Hawthorne before light turned green. 

DSCN6643.JPG

That's 1201 Central. Did we ever figure out if this development is going to have retail at its base?

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

There was discussion many pages back that the retail was just leasing offices and amenities for residents that counted as retail space.

It was a beautiful day yesterday so I did some day drinking with a couple of friends at Pizza Peel. Strolled around a bit and checked out the hood as it had been a little while since I had been in the area, so some of this may not be the newest info to some.

- A couple of EV charging stations are now in the lot off Thomas.

- 1221 Thomas Ave. (the old Fresh Produce for all you long time Charlotteans) is being worked on finally. Front and side walls are up but rear wall, interior and roof are gone. Sign on the front window says Whirly Pig Designs. This is the same name that has been on posters seen around the city for a couple of years now (Whirly Pig BBQ, "delivered by drones" is just one of them). My guess is a design studio of sorts.

- Sign on Comida's door that they were closed Saturday and would reopen Sunday afternoon. I haven't heard the greatest of things about this place. Are they doing ok?

- A guitar studio is going in where the old antique shop was beside Nova's.

- The old lunchbox records building is almost completely gutted.

- The new Black Sheep spot directly behind Moo and Brew looks good and the two businesses are really doing a great job at drawing foot traffic across the tracks. I've always felt that pedestrian activity dropped off a cliff after Bistro Le Bon so it's good to see active parts of the area stretch further down Central.

- It appears like they are putting in a dedicated right turn lane on Central directly in front of the Goodwill store where 10th forks off. Couldn't tell for sure but that's what it looked like.

I wish I could have gotten pictures of all of this but for some reason my phone hasn't been playing nice lately. Time for an upgrade anyways.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...