Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody heard what is going in across the street from Thomas St Tavern? The building has been gutted, roof removed, and appears that they have added more square footage on the back of the building.  I did not write down the permit number. Cant remember what was in the building before demo

1 hour ago, QClifer said:

Has anybody heard what is going in across the street from Thomas St Tavern? The building has been gutted, roof removed, and appears that they have added more square footage on the back of the building.  I did not write down the permit number. Cant remember what was in the building before demo

Accela just says it's a renovation, but no documents have been attached.

• 2 weeks later...

appears it is a double shed with a screened in chicken coup.  That's what I read on meckpermit. Might be reading it wrong

Meckpermit:

Scope of work includes two 10' W X 12' D sheds. They will be connected by a 10' W X 7' D enclosed breezeway. And a roofed screen enclosure suitable for chickens will be on the left-hand side of one 10' W X 12' D shed. No electrical or upfit will be included. However, the buildings will be placed on a concrete foundation. The location will be entirely in the rear yard.

This lot is in the Plaza Midwood Historical District. A complete review of the plan was completed. The CoA is attached with approval to proceed.

This shed replaces a previous approval for an 800 sq ft ADU in the rear yard.

I have also attached the document initially reviewed at the July Historical meeting as the CoA appears cut off.

Edited by QClifer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, CLTranspo said:

Taken today in PM, progress on the two gigantic apartment blocks on either side of the train tracks off Central Ave:

Campus Works is on the second/third floors of construction and 1305 Central looked nearly complete. 

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

Please, please, please bury these power lines.  

• Like 3

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

My First time seeing color renderings of Campus Works. Yawn. Love the Thirsty Beaver in there, lol.

1201-central elevations.jpg

holy crap. how many units is this project again? this scale on that corner is going to be...wow. 

I was never in the "save the church" camp, but this? 

2 minutes ago, Crown said:

holy crap. how many units is this project again? this scale on that corner is going to be...wow. 

I was never in the "save the church" camp, but this? 

349 units. Yea its pretty huge.

Anyone know whats up with the Gibson? I'm hearing construction has stalled at like 95% completion.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Anyone know whats up with the Gibson? I'm hearing construction has stalled at like 95% completion.

Interesting.  About 95% of the balcony railings are up and there are a bunch of punch-list items remaining (repairing broken windows, etc.), as well interior work on the lower flowers, and I haven't seen anyone working on it or any further installation of railings since before Christmas.  There were workers working on it the week before Christmas.

12 minutes ago, Third Strike said:

I was scanning through the Urban Planet development map and noticed that the block between Central, Hawthrone, Oakland, and Sunnyside are highlighted as being consolidated into one parcel. Any info on what's going there? Also, what does the "TX Donut" mean in the description?  

Interesting. Looks like about 1/3 of that land is owned by a LLC "1120 LLC." looks like they are slowly buying up the block.

14 minutes ago, Third Strike said:

I was scanning through the Urban Planet development map and noticed that the block between Central, Hawthrone, Oakland, and Sunnyside are highlighted as being consolidated into one parcel. Any info on what's going there? Also, what does the "TX Donut" mean in the description?  

TX Donut = full block appartment complex with courtyard in the middle, I believe. 

• Like 2